Need Help! install Mach3 help, issue with UC400eth? Please Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: install Mach3 help, issue with UC400eth? Please Help

Default install Mach3 help, issue with UC400eth? Please Help

I have a Windows 7 64bit PC. I just purchased a UC400eth. I installed Mach3 and dropped in my serial #. When I open Mach3 I get a popup about a DLL file. Mach3 does NOT respond to any Jogging around. The X,Y & Z don't change from "0" when the arrow keys are used. Sometimes the RESET button won't even respond when clicked. I loaded the Roadrunner sample and hit run, NOTHING. I figured it must be a install issue, but I've deleted it and reloaded Mach3 at least 6 times. I think even if I don't have my Ports & Pins set, the software would at least respond to the arrow keys. Yes, I've clicked the "Jog" button. Please Help!!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: install Mach3 help, issue with UC400eth? Please Help

Did you read the product manual?
    Did you follow the instructions about setting up the network for your UC400ETH?
    Manual point 5.: http://cncdrive.com/MC/UC400ETH%20da...ETH_manual.pdf

What popup do you get about a dll file?

Downloads
    Uploads

You also didn't mention installing the plugin for the UC400ETH?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You also didn't mention installing the plugin for the UC400ETH?

Thank you for responding - I'm about to pull my hair out, hahaha. I'm a little confused about the UC400eth plugin, but I think this may be the root of my problems. I went through the manual and have a Blue LED light on the UC400. It said it was installed correctly when I pinged it. The Popup I get when I start Mach3 is, "Mach3 - Plugin DLL Defective. Reload" if I click OK I get another pop up about a UC100 DLL is defective. I also get a popup wanting me to pick the UC400 from a list of input options. When my Mach3 finally pulls up it's unresponsive to the X,Y, & Z commands. I figured I could at least get it to act like it's in demo mode and. I've researched the Mach3 web page and others have had this same DLL popup and talked about shutting off a driver permission on boot up - I tried that ( sorry if that doesn't make any sense, I don't know what I'm doing) Still does that same thing. Anyway, I've uninstalled and re-installed at least 6 times, I'm stumped. If I give up and buy UCCNC will I have the same issue on setting up my machine? Thank you again!

I fallowed the manual and as far as I know the UC400eth is installed correctly. I have a blue light on and it said the drivers are already installed when I tried automatic installer again. I wrote a letter to CNCDRIVE and got a nice response (they are great in customer service, but their suggestion didn't get me anywhere) - they mentioned downloading .NET Framework 2.0 "If you have Windows 7 then you do not have to install it at all, because the .NET framework 2.0 is part of that Operating System, so it installs with Windows" well, I have Windows 7 - so I tried to do it anyway and I don't think it worked. I'll try it again - But I think I need to find a way to uninstall EVERYTHING and try again - what do you know about UCCNC? If I give up on Mach3, will I have the same issues setting that up? I just need to get my machine running - I'd rather buy and learn new software than keep going in circles. Do you think a guy from Geek Squad could figure it out? Anyway - sorry to ramble, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

It's possibly that you may have a .net 2.0 issue on your PC. There's lots of info on it if you Google.
    Try this:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ast...windows-vista/

what do you know about UCCNC?
    Enough that I'm switching from Mach3 to UCCNC for my next machine.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by originalsigns View Post
    I fallowed the manual and as far as I know the UC400eth is installed correctly. I have a blue light on and it said the drivers are already installed when I tried automatic installer again. I wrote a letter to CNCDRIVE and got a nice response (they are great in customer service, but their suggestion didn't get me anywhere) - they mentioned downloading .NET Framework 2.0 "If you have Windows 7 then you do not have to install it at all, because the .NET framework 2.0 is part of that Operating System, so it installs with Windows" well, I have Windows 7 - so I tried to do it anyway and I don't think it worked. I'll try it again - But I think I need to find a way to uninstall EVERYTHING and try again - what do you know about UCCNC? If I give up on Mach3, will I have the same issues setting that up? I just need to get my machine running - I'd rather buy and learn new software than keep going in circles. Do you think a guy from Geek Squad could figure it out? Anyway - sorry to ramble, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    If the blue LED is on then you have the UC400ETH running. The blue LED is only on when everything is OK and you running the software.
    Knowing this new information about the blue LED I beleive you only have settings problem in Mach3 or your xml is corrupted if nothing works.
    I would try to make a new blank profile with Mach3 and make the settings again.

I'm running UCCNC with a UC400ETH on my plasma machine and UCCNC with a UC100 on my mill. UCCNC is a great software much better than M3.

Oh Man - I think we're gaining on it. I did as you suggested with the .NET framework 2.0 - the scan said everything is working properly. I then went into my Mach3 Pluging folder and started deleting things (mostly the UC100, UC200 & UC300 files) - NOW, (I have 2 Mach3 shortcuts on my desktop - one is a profile I made "BLACKFOOT" & the other looks like a standard one) When I click on the standard shortcut, no more popups and Mach3 will open. The program still isn't responsive. I can't even turn off the flashing RESET button. On the other shortcut "BLACKFOOT" - Mach3 opens and I can turn off/on the RESET button & Jog button, but that's it. Still no signal from my arrow keys or "Z" up & down. So, I think we're getting closer. Please let me know if you have any more suggestions or if you need any more info. Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by originalsigns View Post
    Oh Man - I think we're gaining on it. I did as you suggested with the .NET framework 2.0 - the scan said everything is working properly. I then went into my Mach3 Pluging folder and started deleting things (mostly the UC100, UC200 & UC300 files) - NOW, (I have 2 Mach3 shortcuts on my desktop - one is a profile I made "BLACKFOOT" & the other looks like a standard one) When I click on the standard shortcut, no more popups and Mach3 will open. The program still isn't responsive. I can't even turn off the flashing RESET button. On the other shortcut "BLACKFOOT" - Mach3 opens and I can turn off/on the RESET button & Jog button, but that's it. Still no signal from my arrow keys or "Z" up & down. So, I think we're getting closer. Please let me know if you have any more suggestions or if you need any more info. Thank you!
    What do you see on the Plugins/UC... I/O monitor in mach3? Post a print screen.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    What do you see on the Plugins/UC... I/O monitor in mach3? Post a print screen.
    Sorry, I haven't been able to post that yet. I do have a update though. After some tinkering and trying to setup my ports & pins I can get Mach3 to recognize my keyboard inputs and it acts like it can even process the Roadrunner sample. But still no movement from the actual CNN. I did hear a occasional high pitched beep coming from the CNC. I don't know if I'm getting closer or not. Next question, when using the UC400eth, what port should I choose? (I have the cable in Port 1 on on the UC400, I have selected port1 (x378) on on the Mach3 Configuration, Ports & Pins) Mach3 wants me to pick between Port 1 & 2, it doesn't have an option for Ethernet ports. Does Mach3 automatically output to the Ethernet port? Sorry, I'm way out of my element. I'm just stumped as to why my CNC isn't responding. Please let me know if you have any more suggestions, thank you!

Last edited by originalsigns; 07-08-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Next question, when using the UC400eth, what port should I put in?
    That would depend on which port you are using, since it has two.

My suggestion?
    Start over with a clean install of Mach3, and learn how to setup mach3 and your machine yourself, rather than try to figure out why someone else's configuration isn't working..

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    If the blue LED is on then you have the UC400ETH running. The blue LED is only on when everything is OK and you running the software.
    Knowing this new information about the blue LED I beleive you only have settings problem in Mach3 or your xml is corrupted if nothing works.
    I would try to make a new blank profile with Mach3 and make the settings again.

I'm running UCCNC with a UC400ETH on my plasma machine and UCCNC with a UC100 on my mill. UCCNC is a great software much better than M3.

I spent another 3 hours this weekend reading post and install manuals & watching videos and still, my CNC is DOA even though MACH3 looks like it's running fine. I think I'll give up and buy the UCCNC - do you think I'll have better luck setting that up or will I be running into the same problems? Thank you for your help

Downloads
    Uploads

What have you tried, since the blue light has been working? Did you try creating a clean setup as I suggested?
    Mach3 is very easy to setup, and UCCNC is similar.

Start Mach3.exe, and create a new profile.
    Then close and restart Mach3, using the new profile. Select the UC400ETH as your motion controller.
    Go to Config, Ports and Pins, Motor Outputs.
    Enable the X axis, and assign the Port and Pin numbers.
    Apply, and close and restart Mach3.
    At that point, you should be able to jog the X axis with the arrow keys on the keyboard.
    If you can, then you go to the next motor.
    If not, then we can maybe figure out why.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Thank you for the reply. Tonight, I un-istalled and reinstalled Mach3 and re-set up my UC400ETH. I have a blue light on the UC400 when I open Mach3 and I went through several dozen combinations of Ports & Pins and I still can't get any movement on the CNC. I got out my reading glasses and looked at my Break Out Board for clues, I tried the #'s on it with the Ports & Pins too. I see the software acting normal when I move the arrow keys, but I just can't seem to figure this out. I don't know how relevant this is, but once in a while I do get a high pitched sound from the NEMA STEPPER MOTORS and sometimes a surge or jolt sound, but no movement - I assume they are getting a signal when that happens. Could there be anything else in Mach3 I need to check? Could it be the breakout board? Is it time to buy UCCNC software and hope I have better luck? You have been great with your suggestions, Thank you again!

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a blue light on the UC400 when I open Mach3 and I went through several dozen combinations of Ports & Pins and I still can't get any movement on the CNC
    But did you do what I suggested?
    Create a new profile, and setup ONE axis only. Don't do anything else, until that one axis works.
    Post pics of your Mach3 settings,

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    But did you do what I suggested?
    Create a new profile, and setup ONE axis only. Don't do anything else, until that one axis works.
    Post pics of your Mach3 settings,
    Great News, I did exactly as you said and have all 3 axis moving. I swear I doing this time & time again and felt like I was getting nowhere. Thank you so much for sticking with me! I'm going to load some sample G-Code and see how it does. I still want to post a screenshot for you to see, but I'm out of the shop for a few hours. Thanks again!!!

New developments - Things were looking good the other day, now I'm having issues. My X & Y are switched and sometimes don't work at all. Right now my X, which is actually my Y only goes one direction). My Z goes up when I hit page down and vice versa. Sometimes the RESET button wont't quit flashing until I mess with the EStop. I'm not sure what the Estop is. Anyway - is this more "Ports & Pins" issues, or a sign of something more serious. I'm tempted to uninstall everything and try again. But in the back of my mind, I keep thinking of UCCNC. Would that fix my headaches? I'd love some more help if you have any suggestions. Thank you!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever have Mach3 working prior to getting the UC400ETH?

While I would recommend UCCNC over Mach3, I wouldn't expect it to fix any of your issues. If you can't get Mach3 working, I don't know how you'd be able to get UCCNC working. The setup foe each is basically the same.

My X & Y are switched and sometimes don't work at all. Right now my X, which is actually my Y only goes one direction)
    Were they "switched" when you got it working, or did it change by itself?
    Yes, these could be ports and pin issues.

Go back to what I said before.
    Set up one axis at a time, and don't do anything else until that axis works. Then you don't end up with a lot of different issues.

Define "mess with the Estop"?

Do you have an estop button? how do you have it wired? what breakout board and other components are you using?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Thank you for the reply - I'm still having issues. I unistalled and reinstalled everything again and made a new profile. My X axis looks fine, My Z in still moving Down when I hit up and up when I hit down. My Biggest problem is my Y. Sometimes it's very jerky and slow going one direction and runs smooth the other direction OR it only runs one direction and won't respond the other direction (and sometimes no response at all). I've been experimenting with the MOTOR TUNING, but I really don't know much about it. I've also been looking for loose wires, but they seem OK. OH Yeah, I don't have a external STOP BUTTON. But I noticed the ESTOP on Mach3 was giving me issues. Right now I have it set on Port 1 - Pin 12 Active Low ON. About the MOTOR TUNING, I have my Native Units Set for mm, how do I calculate my settings? I also noticed my Microstep Driver for my Y axis is different than my X & Z could this be a problem? I'm sorry to such a pain in the butt - I'm the 3rd owner of this machine and I just don't know much about it or Mach3. Thank you so much for all the help!

Downloads
    Uploads

More than once, I've suggested setting up one thing at a time, and not moving to the next thing until the orevious one is working. But you keep setting up everything, and then trying to solve 20 problems at once.

Z axis - Config > Homing Limits. Check the Reverse box.

Y axis. This is unlikely to be a motor tuning issue. But it could be a lot of things.

Is this a blackfoot machine, with chain drive? Binding could be an issue. What kind of drives are they, and what are the microstep settings?
    You're going to need to learn a lot about your machine to get it working properly.

Post pics of your machine, and all of your electronic components.

Estop. If you don't have a button, why are you setting a port and pin for it?

How to calculate your settings? Need to know the micxrostep setting for the drive, and how the machine is driven, and what components.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast