Need Help! install Mach3 help, issue with UC400eth? Please Help - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: install Mach3 help, issue with UC400eth? Please Help

Default Re: install Mach3 help, issue with UC400eth? Please Help

Thank you for hanging in there with me! When I was setting up my AXIS I did exactly like you had said, one axis at a time with the other 2 turned off. I would then restart Mach3 and move on to the other two in exactly the same method. It worked and I was thrilled. I guess I failed to mention I really did things slowly, but then I'd find new issues the next time I'd come back to my machine. For instance, this morning I found a build sheet on a BLACKFOOT CNC and it matched all my components perfectly, the correct NEMA motors and microstep drivers, chain & gears. I used their MOTOR TUNING guide and I had my 3 axis moving positive & negative and no more jerky motions. I ran the sample ROADRUNNER G-Code twice (with a magic marker in the router chuck) and measured it to make sure it turned out the correct size. Everything looked real good. I turned off my computer & CNC machine and returned 5 hours later and again, my Y axis won't budge. Mach3 recognizes my arrow keys, but no motor movement at all. So, I started from the beginning all over again. I isolated the axis on the Ports & Pins and never was able to get it moving again. I wish I could post some pictures, but I can't figure out how to do it on this computer, it won't recognize my phone. At this point I don't believe it's a MACH3 issue or loose wire. I know it must seem like I'm not a good listener, (at least that what my wife tells me) but I do fallow the advise you give and so far it's all worked, thank you. Do you have thoughts on why my axis would work fine, then just be unresponsive? It's getting late, tomorrow I'll install with a new profile and try again.

As soon as I hit send on that last rant of mine I went back to my open MACH3 program and just for kicks I tried to jog the machine around one last time before I shut it down for the night and it worked! I know this may sound crazy, but I had a lamp setting next to my microstepper driver for the Y axis (because I was double checking wires and dipswitches). It's a 100 wat bulb that gets pretty hot and I think that made it work again. have you ever heard of anything like this? Too strange! I'll go ahead and shut it down and see if decides to work in the morning, if not I'll try to heat it up again. Have a great night!

Downloads
    Uploads

When you say no motor movement. Is it making any noise at all? If not, check if the motor is locked up. If it's not locked up, it's an issue with the drive. If it is locked up, then I'd say it's likely a wiring issue.

Heat would normally cause a drive to stop working, not start.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12