Need Help! Mach stops randonmly

Thread: Mach stops randonmly

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach stops randonmly

Hello,

I am running the mach3 2010 screen set.
    In the past two weeks I have been having this problem. I suspect it's the PC, but wanted to know if anyone else has had it, and if so how to fix it.

Randomly, Mach 3 will go into e-stop, but the probe LED will also come on and the spindle keeps running. When I hit my e-stop, the spindle will stop. No one is near the machine, and it can run for seconds, or hours before it happens. But today, I had to reset 23 times in a 6 hour period.
    Simply turning Mach off doesn't re-set, I need to restart the PC.

This is very frustrating, and I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
    Ray

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach stops randonmly

There might be some kind of Radio Frequency Interference triggering those bogus e-stops. Check your wiring, and make sure the wires at logic-level voltage are well away from the ones running your motors and spindle. Also check your grounding - all the electrical ground wires should come together and ground in a "star" configuration, and the whole frame should also be well-grounded.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for responding.
    Today I took the printer cable of, at both ends and re-attached. For whatever reason, that seemed to work.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had the exact same problem, and nothing seemed to work. The stories about this problem go on forever, many have the same issues.
    I get sad when I think about all the money I spent on different computers, cables, interfaces, etc... trying to make this problem go away.. none worked.

Finally, I switched to PathPilot... no problems whatsoever and a MUCH superior system.

Automated Machinery Designer - PCNC1100 Series III upgrade, Graziano Sag 12 Lathe
    Solidworks 2016 (SW Certified), HSMWorks

Downloads
    Uploads

Not happy that i have had these problems, and don't wish them on anyone, but glad i am not alone........