Need Help! Help Newbie Z origin

Thread: Help Newbie Z origin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help Newbie Z origin

I'm not sure if I should post here or in the Camworks section but I suspect here is were I need to be . I have been handed a SYIL X5 running Mach 3 . I have been running an Artisman for 4 years but that has its own software so although I have experience its not in Mach 3 . I'm trying to do a rotary job (first one ever) and I can get the cylinder and toolpath from Camworks and I can run it in the MACH ok but the issue I 'm having is setting the Z level . The origin point is set to the centre of the Cylinder in CAMWORKS how do I compensate for this in MACH as If I if I set it to the cylinder Origin clearly the tool will clash .

I have got so used to 2.5D machining I and Z leveling to top , I cant get my head round this . Any help appreciated

Thanks Jon

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help Newbie Z origin

If you're trying to set the Z zero to the center of the cylinder, touch off to the top of it, and enter the radius of the cylinder in the Z axis DRO. You can do the Y axis zero the same way; touch off to the positive side of the cylinder and enter the radius of the cylinder plus the radius of your edgefinder or whatever tool you used to touch off with.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help Newbie Z origin

I'm not trying to find centre , the tool path is generating to the centre so if I set it to centre I would get tool clash , if that makes sense