Spindle help

Thread: Spindle help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle help

Hi,
    i've been always happy to find my answers on cnczone, but now i'm really stuck.
    I have a custom machine running Mach3, with 3 axis for positioning and i'm using spindle output to run 2 step/dir pumps wich work in synchro to dispense a 2 part resin. As i start with dwell, acording to feeds and material viscosity, the beggining of my lines is fine and controlable, but at the end of the lines the m5 command comes too late to stop the flow on time so i get some nasty extra drops. This is an artistic application , so i need constant width with pretty low accuracy (the width of the applied resin line is 1,5 to 5mm, according to design size) and the pump latency really messes up my work. I need to somehow command a spindle deceleration at the end of the lines or a z axis movement like ramping/bridging for the end of the line so i can command some slower spindle movement for those few mm.
    Any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

On Ports & Pins, Spindle Setup tab,
    Make the spin up and spin down delay ZERO.
    or break the end of the move into two vectors and turn off early.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the answer, glad i got your attention.
    No matter wich configuration i tried, the general parameters do not affect in any way the behaviour of the spindle commands, i gave up and tried different tweaks (wich did'nt worked). All the delays are set to 0, nothing happens. I considered that they work for pwm mode only. I was certain when i bought the pumps that they will be more controlable than the old pneumatic pump i used before, thinking i could set the dealys, feeds, but now i need my machine to run smoothly and i ran out of ideas.
    As for the vectors, they are artistic images, very complex, some over 8000 lines of code, i can't manualy edit every single line.
    I use Corel, Artcam, tried bridging, ramping and so on , but i can't find a software trick to find the end of the move. Right now i have programmed a short m4 move to retract the extra drips, but it looks bad.
    Maybe i'm doing something wrong about spin up delay.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is the motor running on for a short time after M5 due to inertia?
    What sort of motor?
    Does it need a dynamic brake to stop it instantly?

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using Probotix motors for xyz, but the pumps have some chinese noname motors, the inertia comes from the pumps, it's the liquid pressure the gives me the troubles. The pumps are peristaltic, for high viscosity:
    http://image.made-in-china.com/2f1j00jsLTeQrKbtcn/Kamoer-Step-Motor-Peristaltic-Pump.jpg[/URL]
    They run at very slow feeds, since i output the resin through a needle.

Downloads
    Uploads

As you are using a stepper it is possible to reverse it using a custom M code instead of M5. The custom code can do the reversing and then call M5.
    There is wealth of information here. Sufficient to implement almost anything.
    Main Page - MachCustomizeWiki
    And there is also here..
    ArtSoft USA - Documentation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you,
    that's a new level for me, i kind of enjoyed playing with the g code, made some macros in a word editor to modify as required. The simple M and G codes were easy to understand, now it will be harder, but i'll try.
    If i don't nail it, i'll get back.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

SOme of the folks trying laser engraving with mach experienced a problem with a slight delay in M5. There is a work around which turns the output off more quickly. I cannot remember the code. I think tweakie (username) here has played around with it.

Matt