Need Help! Need example of G code taper thread G76

Thread: Need example of G code taper thread G76

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need example of G code taper thread G76

Hi everyone i am looking for a example of a known good G code of a threaded taper of any size .

I am having trouble with one and need something to look at ,i see from the literature that (T ) is to be used for the taper .

When i post mine out i get a minus sine on the T and Mach no likey this ?

Thx to all who reply

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need example of G code taper thread G76

I don't have an example to share, however I have looked into this issue for NPT threads and there is capability to do that via a Mach3 wizard, using the taper setting. There is documentation on it as an attachment from Rich (moderator) on the forum discussion here:

Making a tapered thread. Please help

You could also do it via a G32 threading move, just by inputting x & z coordinates to start and end at. Takes some math work if you are doing multiple passes, but works well enough. If you have a CAM generator, it should be able to be set to do threading in 'multiple passes' or something similar which would typically direct it to use the G32 command for output, calculating setover, proper X & Z coordinates vs. the G76 condensed code which will only do a straight thread.

Remember, you have to turn the taper as a separate operation before threading it.