XHC USB board warning and info

Thread: XHC USB board warning and info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default XHC USB board warning and info

This post is for informing others about the XHC USB Mach4 USB motion control board.
    I bought a 1325 machine from China (Blue Elephant CNC - really pleased with it!).
    I didnt want Mach3 as its old and who wants old software with a brand new machine?
    They offered the XHC Mach4 board as there only option for supply with Mach4.
    Yes it was a risk and i knew this (being a new board and also Mach4 being new too).
    The XHC board is a nice layout with 24vdc ins and outs etc. It is advertised to be working with Mach4.
    The catch is the board and its supplied plugins will ONLY run and work with the wxMach.exe Mach4 program and NOT the Mach4GUI.exe.
    Under the Mach4GUI.exe Mach4 wont connect to the card and this means all your assigned inputs are on including e-stop. Nothing works.
    As you all probably know this means you cant use this board and also edit your Mach4 screens to make Auto Tool Zero and Go to Zero etc work (can only edit screens under Mach4GUI.exe).
    I have spoken to XHC and they keep saying the same thing. (Copy paste shortcut to wxmach.exe to desktop). This obviously doesnt fix the problem.
    For reference this is the MK3-M4 Version: 5.10 usb board from XHC.
    Apparently Artsoft have offered to give support for this range of USB card provided XHC provide some samples for the team to go over and test but unfortunately it doesnt look like XHC are willing to do this.
    Anyway this is just some info for others who might have bought one or considering buying.
    Admittedly the card actually works well for motion and running programs it just means you cant have a heap of functions that Mach4 offers such as the Auto Tool Zero by button.
    If anyone has any info on things i could try or mod to get this working with Mach4GUI.exe it would be awesome.
    I have used a heap of chinese parts in the past and have never been disappointed so i thought id give this card a go. I suppose the good times had to come to an end eventaully haha.
    If i cant find an updated plugin or hack to get this working ill have to bin it and go for the PMDX usb maybe? Any recommendations for your fav boards?
    Anyway hope this helps someone.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: XHC USB board warning and info

Quote Originally Posted by kornboy View Post
    This post is for informing others about the XHC USB Mach4 USB motion control board.
    I bought a 1325 machine from China (Blue Elephant CNC - really pleased with it!).
    I didnt want Mach3 as its old and who wants old software with a brand new machine?
    They offered the XHC Mach4 board as there only option for supply with Mach4.
    Yes it was a risk and i knew this (being a new board and also Mach4 being new too).
    The XHC board is a nice layout with 24vdc ins and outs etc. It is advertised to be working with Mach4.
    The catch is the board and its supplied plugins will ONLY run and work with the wxMach.exe Mach4 program and NOT the Mach4GUI.exe.
    Under the Mach4GUI.exe Mach4 wont connect to the card and this means all your assigned inputs are on including e-stop. Nothing works.
    As you all probably know this means you cant use this board and also edit your Mach4 screens to make Auto Tool Zero and Go to Zero etc work (can only edit screens under Mach4GUI.exe).
    I have spoken to XHC and they keep saying the same thing. (Copy paste shortcut to wxmach.exe to desktop). This obviously doesnt fix the problem.
    For reference this is the MK3-M4 Version: 5.10 usb board from XHC.
    Apparently Artsoft have offered to give support for this range of USB card provided XHC provide some samples for the team to go over and test but unfortunately it doesnt look like XHC are willing to do this.
    Anyway this is just some info for others who might have bought one or considering buying.
    Admittedly the card actually works well for motion and running programs it just means you cant have a heap of functions that Mach4 offers such as the Auto Tool Zero by button.
    If anyone has any info on things i could try or mod to get this working with Mach4GUI.exe it would be awesome.
    I have used a heap of chinese parts in the past and have never been disappointed so i thought id give this card a go. I suppose the good times had to come to an end eventaully haha.
    If i cant find an updated plugin or hack to get this working ill have to bin it and go for the PMDX usb maybe? Any recommendations for your fav boards?
    Anyway hope this helps someone.
    Hey thanks for posting this.
    I'm currently considering buying a CNC from ChinaZoneCNC that comes with and XHC controller operated through USB and mach3. (didn't know mach3 support usb controllers but they claim it's working)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...888319827.html
    I was curious do you know if these controllers can work with LinuxCNC too? Or is the USB protocol proprietary? I will probably switch to LinuxCNC if possible.
    Any other tips you may have based on working with a chinese router using an XHC controller would be much appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm currently considering buying a CNC from ChinaZoneCNC that comes with and XHC controller operated through USB and mach3. (didn't know mach3 support usb controllers but they claim it's working)
    Mach3 has supported USB and ethernet controllers for about 10 years. However, most if not all of the chinese ones do not properly support all Mach3 functions.

I was curious do you know if these controllers can work with LinuxCNC too? Or is the USB protocol proprietary? I will probably switch to LinuxCNC if possible.
    No, most controllers are designed to work with a specific software control.

And Linux, afaik, does not support any USB controllers.

Mesa makes the only LinuxCNC supported cards.
    LinuxCNC Documentation Wiki: Mesa Cards

Any other tips you may have based on working with a chinese router using an XHC controller would be much appreciated.
    Throw the XHC card away. If you want to use it with Mach3 or Mach4, get an ESS or UC300ETH or UC400ETH. (Not sure on what Mach4 functions these cards support at this time.)
    Better yet, switch to UCCNC with the UC300ETH or UC400ETH.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks so much! I'll investigate your answers and suggestions I'll investigate some of the alternatives you've suggested. Perhaps I can order the CNC without the controller and build my own later.