Mach4 and VistaCNC pendant

Thread: Mach4 and VistaCNC pendant

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach4 and VistaCNC pendant

VistaCNC has a plugin for Mach4, has anyone installed the plugin, and have a review of the pendants performance ?
    Thanks,
    Larry

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach4 and VistaCNC pendant

I just purchased a VistaCNC P4-S today. And I use Mach 4. I will report back to let you know how it goes. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks,
    Looking forward to your review.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have installed Mach4 and Shuttlepro v2 , works fine , easy to setup and has lables you can write on and install under button cap.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Raising this thread from the dead - apologies. I've been searching far and wide to answer a few questions, but I've run out of luck.

Mach4 Build 2914, Windows 10 Pro on Surface 1. Syil X4+ with PMDX 411 (Firmware 0.46.221). P1A4S pendant connected via USB. Pendant upgraded to latest Mach4 firmware,

(1) The Vista CNC plugin: It has a menu item under configure -> Plugins . I press it, it does nothing.

Is it supposed to? That different from the Mach3 version.

(2) Documentation is scant, but found a thread that states the following needs to be done: Add an entry under Mach Config -> MPG's (Enabled, Encoder: PSPendant/MPG1, Counts per detent=1, Acc%=100,Vel%=100). The plugin 'seems' to enable Input signals on the Input Signals tab for the Jog entries.

It doesn't make any difference as to whether those entries are there or not, the pendant works (Badly - more of that later). Have I missed something obvious?
    On the input signals, the device and input names are blank. That doesn't sound right, does it? I can select P2SPendant for the device name, but the Input names show a list of Input0 to Input28 - Pretty obscure & would require guess work / trial and error. Should these have values & what should they be?

(3) Given above, all of the functions of the pendant surprisingly work, but the jog wheel has a strange behaviour.

It feels sluggish, The table moves & the movement is rough and the positioning is not exact, it seems to overrun a little (feeling like a buffer of moves is being executed after I stop turning the wheel). On Mach3, positioning was beautiful, the table and wheel operated in perfect harmony. Something's clearly wrong - anyone have thoughts? Incidentally - moving the table with the keyboard works just fine.

I'd dearly love for someone to share their thoughts, especially if this is a config, missing something obvious (Windows C++ libraries, secret button that I haven't found yet, etc)

Please help. I'm posting this over at the Artsoft forum too. Apologies if that's unhelpful.

Pete (UK)

you can compare XHC handwheel for MACH3, NOW XHC has mach4 card for 3/4/6axis

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach4 and VistaCNC pendant-750x7506-jpg