Help with LMS Spindle speed control

Thread: Help with LMS Spindle speed control

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with LMS Spindle speed control

Looking for anybody who has purchased and installed a LMS spindle speed control. I am looking for help connecting it to a CNC4PC -C11 run by Mach3

LittleMachineShop.com - CNC Spindle Control Upgrade Kit

CNC4PC

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is made for the X2 - X3 controller boards and even has a chip that is replaced on those boards. IDK if it can be used the way you are asking.

Jess

GOD Bless, and prayers for all.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY13 View Post
    That is made for the X2 - X3 controller boards and even has a chip that is replaced on those boards. IDK if it can be used the way you are asking.

Jess
    I own a SX2. I need help interfacing the LMS control with my C11 BOB that is connected to Mach 3. I want to know what connections I need to make between the LMS control and My C11 and what settings to input into Mach3.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you looked at the Criss Tips at the listing for the product? There is a link for instructions on how to hook it to the SX2, then how to wire it to A/C power & where to hook the 0v to 10v signal and where to hook start, forward reverse signals (coming from BOB relays)

The C11 boards has a analog signal setup and it needs 12v going in the X1 power connector, then from the X2 connector from the C11 the wires would go to the AVI & GND terminals of the Green connector on the speed controller. There is a voltage trimmer on the C11 to help trim the 12v to 10v that will need to be set. It looks like the speed control board is using ground to trigger Start, forward & Reverse and these would need to come from the relays of the C11 board. Also in the C11 manual it shows how to set mach3 for this to work.

Which C11 board do you have exactly? CNC4PC has manuals for each version and with the link at LMS to the speed controller manual it will not be to hard to figure this out. I guess if you havnt done anything thing like this before it seems a bit envolved but its pretty easy once you get it in your mind. ANyway let me know exactly which C11 board you have and we will go from there.

Jess

GOD Bless, and prayers for all.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lucky13,
    Thanks for your help, CNC4PC here is a link to my C11. Your assumption is correct, I have not done this before. The last time I played around in the control box I fried it. Any help will be appreciated.
    Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Update

Thanks to Arturo at CNC4PC I got the LMS control wired. Now I am having trouble interfacing it with Mach3. Not sure what setting to use. I am using the mechicanical relays of the C 11 BOB for start/stop and direction. The pins on the C11 are labled #16 "Direction" & #1 "Start/stop" Any Ideas????

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Still need help

Thanks to Arturo at CNC4PC I got the LMS control wired. Now I am having trouble interfacing it with Mach3. Not sure what setting to use. I am using the mechicanical relays of the C 11 BOB for start/stop and direction. The pins on the C11 are labled #16 "Direction" & #1 "Start/stop" Any Ideas????

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Were you able to get this going? I have been working on the same basic setup but struggling. C11g bob with the ms 4213 on a. Brushless lms sx2. I am using a hobbycnc for the main axis and they work just fine. I setup a second parallel port for the c11g