SX3 RPM Increase

Thread: SX3 RPM Increase

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SX3 RPM Increase

Excuse the title, I meant SX2

I've been thinking of changing the gearing that's in my (CNC'ified) HiTorque 3900. There isn't much data about the actual parts used, is it safe to run the spindle bearings at 4000-5000RPM? If so, all I have to do is modify either the spindle or motor pulley to match the other, I found a previous thread on the subject:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...lly_way-2.html

There are mods galore for X2 mills, but it would appear that no one has reported about doing anything to an SX2. I do 99% of my work in aluminum, so if I really lose out on low-end torque, it's no real loss. (My biggest endmills are 1/2", I might use a flycutter on occasion, though I'm not afraid to add a secondary spindle to get some additional speed - I'd rather have access to my ATC and tool rack instead.)

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by zarthcode; 08-23-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: SX2, not SX3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Link to Post on RPM Increase

Here is a link to a post I did on increasing the RPM on the LMS3900 SX2

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...t_lms3900.html

And info I based my change on from poopypants here on the forum.

poopy_pants is on a distinguished road
    Re: Drive Ratio
    I replaced the bearings right after I got the mill anyway since I heard they were cheap. As it turns out they appeared to be similar to the ones I got from VXB on Amazon with lower quality shields.

Here's what I bought:

6007ZZE Nachi Bearing 35x62x14 <-- Rated for 12,000 RPM with metal shields
    Original Bearing - 6007RS rated for 6,800 RPM with rubber shields

6206ZZE Nachi Bearing 30x62x16 <-- Rated for 11,000 RPM with metal shields
    Original Bearing 6206RS rated for 7,500 RPM with rubber shields

As you can see, the original bearings should be fine for 1:1 but I was planning to later switch to a high rpm and more powerful spindle motor so I was future proofing. I would probably just run it with the stock bearings and replace if they fail. The motor and mount tend to get pretty hot after running full speed for over an hour straight but the spindle head doesn't appear to be too warm so I think the bearings are fine.

Hope it helps.

GG67

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

buenas tardes tenemos un torno de la marca Yang iron Yorks LTD, el cual perdimos los parametros y no podemos iniciarlo pueden apoyarnos con los parametros. los datos del torno en la numero de serie es
    Fanuc System 3TF
    Type.- A02B-00658-B101
    Numero de serie No. 7094173
    Date 1983-08
    Estos datos los traen en el panel y en la bancada de la mquina bienen estos.
    Numero de serie. CNC-1000
    MFG. No. 103070

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

good afternoon we have a brand around Yorks LTD Yang iron, which lost parameters and can not start it can help us with the parameters. data about the number of series is
    System Fanuc 3TF
    Type .- 00 658-B101-A02B
    No. 7094173 Serial Number
    Date 1983-08
    This data is brought into the panel and in the bed of the machine while these.
    Serial number. NCC-1000
    MFG. No. 103070
    These are the only data I have sent him pictures of the machine waiting for your comments thanks.
    Deshacer cambios