3dprintforums logo

CNCzone Network:  RFQwork :: 3Dprintforums :: Welderzone :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Twitter :: SiteMap

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Touch-off plate for CNC router?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you need help with classicladder, I might be able to help.
    I would think something like:
    check for MDI mode, and start touch off button are true
    if true sent bit pin true for MDI comand - rapid to touch off position
    wait for emc idle pin true then set pin for MDI command probe
    I'm not sure how the probe command works, if it sets an offset or changes home or if it just triggers and you have to do the rest. But you get the idea.
    John programs ladder too and maintains the EMC docs so he may comment here.

Chris

The O codes are for in your g code file. Are you sure the quote from the Integrators manual is correct? It should say for less complicated tasks....

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll have to install classic ladder to try it out. It sounds a little over my head though. I might save it for my last resort. All the probe move does is move til it hits something and record its position. What I want to do is, jog to where I want my x,y origin to be > set up my touch off plate > press a button > and whalla! my coordinates are set and all I have to do is start my program.

I double checked the integrators manual and it says, "Sometimes the user wants to add more complicated tasks to be performed by the activation of a
    HAL pin. This is possible using the following MDI commands scheme"
    That's why I expected something more customizable like running a few lines of g code or logic functions.

As for the O codes, I thought they were used on a line by themselves. So they're used in place of a value in a G code line instead? How do you think I could use that to squeeze two lines of g code from one MDI command? Calling a file seems like my best bet. I'll try running a simple o code statement tonight just to see if I can get one to work.

As an alternative, would the hal file accept if then statements? I'm a little fuzzy on weather or not it flows like a regular programming language, or does it just keep track of pin connections? whew.. My laptop battery just died and this is still here. Thank you vista. On a second glance, is that what ladder logic is for, to add logic flow to a list of connections?

Thanks for being patient with me, this is a lot to take in. And to think, all I want to do is get one button to run two lines of g code so I don't have to press two buttons.

http://chuckscnc.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your touch off plate is like a probe is it not? When the tool touches it it makes a connection/sends a signal? Then you could position manually X and Y and put Z just above your touch off plate. press the button to probe down in Z it records the trigger (and stops) then use that number to set Z (plus the plate thickness). Am I on the right track? You could try this manually in MDI right now to make sure it works id it does then we can make it work with a button for sure. It's the command to set Z by the recorded numbers that I am not sure of - I will have to look it up....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, you got it. I'm not using the recorded value (parameters 5061-5069 save the position)from the touch probe though because I want to set the Z height to .25in every time. It takes 2 lines of code to run. The first one is the probe move (G38.2) and the second should reset any coordinates I like using (G10). The probe move works just fine but the second one resets my Z coordinate different than my given value. I probably missed something simple like an offset on the second one. Here's my code:

G38.2 Z-3 F16
    G10 L2 P1 Z0.25

It would be nice to be able to run more in case I wanted to add on later.

When you jog to where you want the XY origin to be you do a touch off at that point. I'm not an expert but when you move over to your touch off plate you are setting the tool length offset based on the probe input... These sound like two different things to me.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    seems to me G92 z(plate thickness) would set the z cord. to zero for the bottom of the plate that the probe was stopped at. You would have to move the probe very slowly so it does not move much after triggering. If you use cutter compensation you could change the tool offset similarity. There is a sample for probing tool offsets under nc_file .
    Again food for thought I have not tried this...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes (if I understand this right) G10 sets an offset (the .25) on top of the existing offset of coordinate system(g54 in your case), Whatever that maybe.
    G92 sets the the physical position you in now, of the current coordinate system (g54? for you) to whatever you specify on the line.
    so G92 z .250 should do it.
    John he is using the probe command just to stop at the top of his plate not to measure anything.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes my probe is part of the tool. I am using G54. I'll give G92 a go let you know in a few if that's right. Here's a picture of my probe setup for clairification:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc00-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, The G92 command does the trick. Now I just need a way of issuing both lines of code using my z touch off button.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well for a quick fix make two buttons one for 'probe', one for 'set Z origin' each connected to an MDI command thru HAL-UI. If you want the one button deal then set up classicladder to load with EMC and I'll help with the program- It should be trivial (the program).

Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a plan. I'll get some buttons setup. As for installing classic ladder I should be able to do an upgrade installation from the emc install disk right?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast