Touch-off plate for CNC router? - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Touch-off plate for CNC router?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Touch-off plate for CNC router?

I'm stepping away for a few hours. I'll check back then.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    Bob, there is nothing in the first config you posted that uses the o100 method, I think you are trying to mix two ways of doing this.

I'll have a look at that newer config you posted later on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Didn't take as long as I thought. Is there anything else you would like me to do on the router?.

Thanks again
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by brosskgm View Post
    I'm stepping away for a few hours. I'll check back then.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try the following config.

Do you have home switches? (There are none in the config)
    Your Z travel values are strange (MIN_LIMIT = -10.0, MAX_LIMIT = 50.0). The usual thing is to have a home switch at the top of the travel, and then all travel is negative.
    I've changed it to min travel -60, max 0, give it a go, you might have to fiddle a little.
    I would home at the top of the Z axis travel as it's probably easiest to do that. You can chose another part of the travel to be home (such as right as at the bottom), you just need to pick a place that you can be reasonably consistent, so that your software travel area actually fits within the physical travel area.

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No home switches yet. I'll be working on those also. I did read from other areas in this forum the controler already has a spot
    on the board for the connections. I do have the switches others have used.

I still have to order some other pieces to finish that part.

The the config is what I found some other folks were using that had the same machine. This was one that actually worked at all.
    It allowed me to run a test of a radient gray scale image in a block of wood. Most of the other configs wouldn't even allow it to be turned on.

I'll take any help I can get. This is all new to me. I do understand it's going to be a learning curve.

I'll run this shortly.

Thanks so much for your time.
    Bob

Your Z travel values are strange (MIN_LIMIT = -10.0, MAX_LIMIT = 50.0). The usual thing is to have a home switch at the top of the travel, and then all travel is negative.
    I've changed it to min travel -60, max 0, give it a go, you might have to fiddle a little.
    I would home at the top of the Z axis travel as it's probably easiest to do that. You can chose another part of the travel to be home (such as right as at the bottom), you just need to pick a place that you can be reasonably consistent, so that your software travel area actually fits within the physical travel area.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Z-Axis is moving. I took it all the way to the top and homed xyz. When I clicked Z-Axis Touchoff it started down.
    Stopped just short and gave error G38.2 move finished without making contact.

This must be because of the MIN_LIMIT -10. I changed this to -60 in the ini file and MAX_LIMIT to 0.00. As soon as I ran it It pop the error exceeded soft limit on joint 2.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got it. It was my fault. Forgot to move 100.ngc to correct directory.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is working great. One thing I'm trying to do and can't seem to locate how to get it done.

I hope I explain this correctly.

Right now 0.0 is on the right and it works from the right to the left. If I put 0.0 on the left
    X positive goes left. Y+ goes forward.

I'm trying to get 0.0 on the left and X+ to work toward the right. It's kind of looking in a mirror with what it's doing.
    What you see on the screen shows working left to right, but it starts on the right on the router and works left.

Thanks
    Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Bob,

From memory, in the ini, just add a minus in front of the SCALE number for the Z axis. So if it is SCALE = 200, change it to SCALE = -200.

Glad the config worked for you. It can all seem very foreign and obtuse, but I think you are starting to find things are solvable, particularly with a bit of trial and error.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok thanks. I'll give that a try.

Then all I have to do is find a decent Gerber to Gcode converter that works. FlatCAM is cutting in a different area or missing pads it shouldn't.

The gerber was created with KiCad. There doesn't seem to be too many Linux setups. I have Sprint Layout, it produces HPGL & .plt files but those require a certian program to read them for the router.

Sprint Layout doesn't import gerber, so I can't read the KiCad created gerber to see if maybe it has an error in anything but KiCad.

Bob,

From memory, in the ini, just add a minus in front of the SCALE number for the Z axis. So if it is SCALE = 200, change it to SCALE = -200.

Glad the config worked for you. It can all seem very foreign and obtuse, but I think you are starting to find things are solvable, particularly with a bit of trial and error.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That was it. Good memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Regnar View Post
    Thanks for the great step by step instructions. Worked like a charm and took only a few minutes to set up.

I do have a question though. Is there a Keyboard Shortcut that I can assign these operations to. If not how would one go about giving a keyboard shortcut.

I ask because I can give my pendant any keyboard function. It will save me a lot of time walking around the machine to get to the mouse pad and hit the button.
    I would be interested in a keyboard shortcut also. Is there anyway to make the "end" button work for this?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad so many have been able to benefit from the Subroutine over the classic ladder. pippin good job helping everyone and on your write up.

The hard components rarely wear out so why buy a whole new machine when you can replace the electronic parts that do? www.cncretrofitservices.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by spokes View Post
    I've created a document on the steps needed to get the buttons setup and working including options for the older versions (EMC 2.2.x and older) and the newer versions. The document is in the configfiles.zip file.
    Chris, if you have time could you check this over to insure I haven't missed anything?
    Hope this helps anyone else attempting to do this.
    Dan
    Hi spokes
    Is a long time since your post ^^
    Your "configfiles" are perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for.
    I work with LinuxCNC 2.8-master.
    Why i must set a MDI command (eg M99) before the "Touchoff" button works?
    And how do I delete the touchoff so I can make a new one?
    I hope you can help me.

Downloads
    Uploads

I modified your tool a little bit.

measuretool.ngc
    PHP Code:
    o<measuretoolsub

machine specific parameters

#1000=-100 (max Z depth in absolute coordinates)

setup
        G49 
    (cancel tool lengths)

G91 (incremental mode)

G28.1 (copy absolute coordinates into #5161-#5169)

#1001=#5163 (current depth)

#1002=[#1000-#5163] (probe depth)
        #1002=[-#5163] (probe depth)

measure
        G38.2 Z
    #1002 F20

G92 Z-2.05
        G90
        G0 Z1
    o
    <measuretoolendsub
    M2 
    PHP Code:
    [HALUI]
    # HalUI-MDI-Befehle hier einfügen (max. 64)
    MDI_COMMAND o<measuretoolcall
    MDI_COMMAND 
    M2
    MDI_COMMAND 
    M2
    MDI_COMMAND 
    G92 X0 Y0 
    Now it's perfect for me.
    Unfortunately the "MDI-command-first" problem still exists.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213