Need Help! Linear movement exceeding joint 2's positive limit in LinuxCNC

Thread: Linear movement exceeding joint 2's positive limit in LinuxCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Linear movement exceeding joint 2's positive limit in LinuxCNC

Hi all,

First off, I am not sure if this is in the right area or not as I have never really posted anything here.

I have seen several posts on here and other forums relating to this but cant seem to get a straight answer on how to fix it or the fix doesn't work for my machine.

Now to the problem: I have a diy built router and thought as a good start off project I would cut a bracket out of a bit of rectangular hollow section. I have drawn my part in Fusion, generated the Gcode for LinuxCNC, homed my axes (x,y and z at machine 0), touched off the part in the lower left corner and set this as G54 (0,0,0). I then load my code and press run. Unfortunately an error occurs along the line of the code exceeds soft limits in the z axis. I press proceed anyway and the tool tip moves to part 0,0,0. Then it stops and the "Linear move on line 68 would exceed joint 2's positive limit" error is displayed (see attached screenshot).
    Axis 2 is obviously a reference to the z axis as defined in the ini file (see attached at the bottom). But whats even more confusing is that the line specified doesn't even refer to the z axis, it refers to the x axis.

I have looked at all the extents of the part and they are well within the machine limits. However as can be seen in the screenshot, an additional move is shown (in blue) from the G54 icon (which as far as I am aware should be the 0,0,0 location and should be directly below that point where the triad is). And I cannot work out where this additional move has come from.

Can anyone assist me? Any help is greatly appreciated.

My setup uses:
    x axis is from -530 to +530 with home position at 0,
    y axis is from -422.5 to +422.5, with home position at 0, and
    z axis is from -150 (at table) to 0.1 (at max extent), with home position at 0

Some general items that may be useful:
    CAD/CAM: Fusion 360
    CNC software: LinuxCNC (aka EMC2)
    no home switches
    no limit switches

I have attached a screenshot of whats happening, the ini file and the g code for the bracket.

Keep in mind that I am relatively new to all this. I have some limited experience with Linux and generally understand whats going on but this has me stumped. Its probably glaringly obvious!

Thanks for your help.