Hi guys.I seldom post here and now find that I need to be pointed in the right direction with my wiring.I am building a small machine for modelmaking and I would like to keep the smoke to a minimum.The construction of the machine is coming along well-it is a 3 axis moving table router if it matters-and soon I will need to deal with the electrical side of things.

I have what i think will be a workable set of steppers and drivers and not enough detail about how to safely connect them.I am keen to use LinuxCNC as I have used Ubuntu/Mint for several years and like its stability,not to mention the unbeatable cost.I have a computer with a parallel port and a cable to go to this board.

Total novice with CNC controls looking for guidance-driver-board-jpg

I also know that I will need to connect the power supply to this family of driver boards.

While I understand the power supply to driver board to motor connections,I'm getting lost about which of the other connections I need to make and how to set up the microstepping.I don't mind sanding out a few ripples if its necessary,but I will feel foolish if some switch adjustment could have given me a better outcome in a shorter time.

Additionally,do I need to install limit switches or will the configuration of LinuxCNC allow me to state values not to be exceeded?Any and all help will be appreciated.