Hello everyone,

Its been a while from my last post as my machine has been running pretty good on my old setup which was linuxcnc 2.4 i think running on a pentuim 4 1000Ghz 1024mb ram and a 32gb graphics card.

I finally upgraded to the latest linuxcnc on debian wheezy as I have a Huanyang VFD that I found i could not control in the previous version easy, but the computer kept freezing, so have dropped back to 512mb of ram, seems to have fixed the problem, but somehow fried the graphics card so am using the onboard at the moment which I'm not happy with but anyway.

I tried putting it back to 1024Mb ram but found it started opening windows randomly and stuff so had to drop back to 512Mb, don't know what is happening here but will keep testing this and maybe find another pc to drive it.

Anyway sorry for the ramble but hope this gives enough info for my actual question is I had some custom M codes working which I have now got linuxcnc to stop putting up errors saying "Unknown M Code" by changing the permission check box to allow it to run as an outside program?

The problem now is that when I command/linuxcnc commands on of the codes the pin in hal config changes but I do not hear the relay connected to it click. just wondering if anyone can advise on what this could be??

I have been playing round for about 3 weeks now to get where I am as I had all sorts of issues getting the Huanyang VFD to work, so guess I'll get there soon with more playing round but thought I'll see what anyone can maybe advise on.

Thanks
Will