Hello. I've been using Linuxcnc mainly for a standard 3 axis milling style machine and love it alot. Recently, I found some very interesting youtube videos where people use Linuxcnc to control robot arms, and wanted to learn more. I tried diving into the documents, but found the information was vague, at best.

I loaded Scara, and Puma samples to play around a little. Naturally I get joint errors, and problems homing right off the start - which doesn't help, but I can probably figure that out myself. After about 8 hours of watching videos, I think I finally stumbled on to "WORLD MODE" where I was to press "$" to trigger the system to use some other type of cursor instead of the standard g0 x,y,z that was only rotating the joints - so tonight I'm going to try and see if that helps me with these sample configurations.

I was hoping someone else here had some advice, and hopefully some links to more information on how I can learn, get started and re-configure or setup my own scara or puma style robot arm. I tried the Linux cnc forums, but got only 1 reply, tell me to look at sample configurations.