Need Help! General Computer & Hardware Components Required For Servo Setup?

Thread: General Computer & Hardware Components Required For Servo Setup?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question General Computer & Hardware Components Required For Servo Setup?

I'm in the process of designing a 3-axis gantry-type machine. I've been going in circles with hardware setups and looking for some answers as there seem to be more options and hardware and things seem to be changing quickly.

I'm trying to work to a reasonable budget and keep components/setup simple-ish.

I'm looking to use something like this forr the computer: Intel Motherboard BLKD2550MUD2, Atom Dual Core 2500 NM10 mITX 2xSODIMM DDR3 LVDS+DVI+VGA+LPT, PCI, 4/3 USB2, GBLAN

and something like this for motion:
    DMM AC Servo Kit

FYI,I don't want/like steppers.

From what I understand about the Servo options, there are two basic options(correct me if I'm wrong)
    The stepper-type that do step-direction(As I understand, this isn't a FULL feedback loop back to the controller. The servo motor has internal feedback loop to itself.) With these servos, I couldn't truly synchronize two servos for something like Rigid Tapping or Lathe Threading
    The real deal servos where encoder signals are fed directly into the controller(linux cnc). Fully closed loop. Servo Synchronization, position feedback, etc.

I'm looking for option 2.

Aside from any peripherals and bonus IOs and whatnot, generally speaking, what hardware is required to get linuxCNC to control the servos with full feedback? Are there any complete kits? Do I need a PCI card or only onboard parallel port? What's recommended here? Mid-Low cost.

TLDR; Starting from scratch, what hardware components are required end to end for a 3-4 axis full feedback servo setup to get up and running from nothing?

Thanks for you guidance.