Need Help! Laser Control by Spindle PWM

Thread: Laser Control by Spindle PWM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Laser Control by Spindle PWM

Hi All
    Aim: To set the laser power at a fixed value via PWM signal from LPT pin based on Spindle speed value in Gcode.
    As Spindle speed changes so PWM changes so Laser output changes.

Setup: I have a 3w blue laser diode system with control board that will take PWM/Analog signals, 0-5vdc.
    I have it running in basic on/off mode, but now require the ability to automatically vary the output on the run.
    I am only looking at vector not raster.

Programming: I have attached a copy of my files, these have been developed in simulation mode and will run as is.
    I am using a Max S.... of 10000 so that i can run the included sample programs in linuxcnc, this will be altered to 100 to work as a % of available power later.
    I believe i have all the required values and connections but am unsure as to how the PWM signal is delivered from the LPT pin to the laser control board.

It may be that I have already done all that is required and i just need to connect it up, but before i go live could someone with more experience please have a look over my work.

Thanks
    Doug