Need Help! Path Plot Moved After Tool Touch Off

Thread: Path Plot Moved After Tool Touch Off

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Path Plot Moved After Tool Touch Off

Hello everyone,

Firstly thanks for reading this if you do and if you try to help out I'd like to thank you now as well.

Anyway the question i have is i am using a tool setter to set my z axis every time I change the tool which is great but when the g-code has done it's thing and the machine continues to the next cut is where I find my little issue of the Path Plot being out from my Back plot, but while I'm at it, it also affects my soft limits of my z axis so I've had to make my machine "bigger than it is" in the config file.

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of how to keep the Path and Back polt on the same "Level" and how to stop LinuxCNC thinking my machine is to small when i use the g-code routines to set Z/Tool height when changing tools in a program.

Hope this all makes cents and that someone out there might be able to help/in lighten me. If anyone else needs more info to try and help please just ask and I will reply with what I can.

Cheers
    William

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Path Plot Moved After Tool Touch Off

Hello William,

What G code are you using to set Z? Also, what happens if you press after the Z set routine? Would that help with LinuxCNC thinking your machine is too small?

Just guessing here...
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I will attach the files here for you to read over and to see if you can work out what is going wrong, but I feel it's to so with the g-code i have running.

The way I have this running is the program will call the touch off ngc file and set the height, then carry on cutting, call the touch off, then continue cutting etc etc, if I do not "trick" LinuxCNC that my machine is bigger than it is in the Z axis it will not finish loading the program and throw an error of some sorts(cannot remember as I have just tricked it for ages now but finally got round to asking).

I also have the same sort of thing running on my x and y axis, but have not had the same issue yet.

Anyway if you or anyone else has anything else to point out or anything to enlighten me on what is happening to the current tool path being offset from the backplot.

Thanks again people.
    William

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi William,

I haven't had a chance to look at your ztouch off routine and I notice my first post was somewhat hacked up, but I wonder what happens if you reload the gcode after the touchoff by hitting CTRL-R. I do that and then press V five times to see what was reloaded. Does that help? I think I was told that Axis needs to be told of the touchoff. If manually hitting the END key, Axis is automatically reloaded.

Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info, sorry havn't been playing with the router much but i might try that and see, will be back if this don't work.

Thanks
    William