Quality of MISUMI Linear Ball Bushings

Thread: Quality of MISUMI Linear Ball Bushings

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Quality of MISUMI Linear Ball Bushings

https://uk.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detai...issuCode=LMU20

Does anybody have experience with MISUMI branded linear ball bushings? Where do they rank in terms of quality? LM20UU linear ball bushing from Nippon Bearing or THK would cost me nearly 19€ at a local distributor. Hiwin or TBI would be slightly less expensive but not much.

MISUMI LM20UU bushing from the link above retails at 4.95€.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by jarjar; 01-03-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Quality of MISUMI Linear Ball Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by jarjar View Post

Does anybody have experience with MISUMI branded linear ball bushings? Where do they rank in terms of quality? LM20UU linear ball bushing from Nippon Bearing or THK would cost me nearly 19€ at a local distributor. Hiwin or TBI would be slightly less expensive but not much.

I have a set of Misumi linear rails and bearing blocks and IMO the quality is noticeably worse than my THK and IKO brand rails and blocks. Specifically, the finish quality is inferior and the linear motion does not feel as smooth. I have no way of knowing if this is consistent across all Misumi parts but... judging by the price differences... I think that THK and IKO are in a different league.

I should add that I don't consider the Misumi rails to be poor quality or anything like that. If I hadn't seen my THK and IKO rails then I would have no complaints with the Misumi stuff. For what I am using them for, it probably won't make a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jarjar View Post

I have a set of Misumi linear rails and bearing blocks and IMO the quality is noticeably worse than my THK and IKO brand rails and blocks. Specifically, the finish quality is inferior and the linear motion does not feel as smooth. I have no way of knowing if this is consistent across all Misumi parts but... judging by the price differences... I think that THK and IKO are in a different league.

I should add that I don't consider the Misumi rails to be poor quality or anything like that. If I hadn't seen my THK and IKO rails then I would have no complaints with the Misumi stuff. For what I am using them for, it probably won't make a difference.