I am an absolute newbie, who wants to build a CNC Router for woodworking projects.

I've been scouring the Internet, looking at various plans for machines. Without ordering a set of plans, I've found it difficult to determine all the parts involved in building a drive or rail system. Let me be a little more specific.

For the drive system, I know there's a stepper motor (my choice) and an Acme lead screw (my choice). There's a coupler between them, a backlash nut, and some bearings and nuts to hold the drive system in place. For the rail system, there's a rail, linear bearing setup, and some supports at each end to hold the rail system in place (needs to have some adjustment capability to get everything lined up?). Sorry if my terminology is not correct - again I'm just getting started.

For each of these systems, is there a drawing on the site or someplace to see the typical configuration for each system?

Looks like a lot of good information on this website, but I'm just a little overwhelmed and need some direction to get me started. Are there, by chance, people who would be willing to act as a mentor and answer questions/give advice when needed?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jim