Newbie Linear motion advice

Thread: Linear motion advice

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Linear motion advice

Hello,
    I am new to the forum and to cnc milling/machining.

I have some experience with 3d design and printing (I use Fusion 360) and I am familiar with grbl and arduino electronics. I have built two pen plotters that work flawlessly (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2504587, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2646266) and now I wanted to build a cnc mill. I live in Spain, but now I am studying one year in Canada, so I plan on doing a lot of research and 3d design, so I can start building when I come back home.

The main purpose of this machine will be doing what my 3d printer cannot do. I would like to be able to machine Wood and plastics and ocasionally aluminum or even brass (though not indispensable). I woul like to engrave some PCBs too.

As I would like to be able to mill metals, I will keep the size small, about 300 x 200 x 60 mm milling volume. I am thinking of doing a fixed bridge design with a moving bed, using mainly MDF for the frame (It could do with steel square tubes soldered together if necessary), as well as some 3d printed parts (not really sure if they will be rigid enough), I will have to do some testing. I really don't want to go over 500-600 USD.
    So I have some questions:
    - Which linear guides/rails/rods/bearings will be apropiate for this machine and where I can get them (in Europe)?
    - What about leadscrews/ballscrews?(I removed belts from the list but maybe?)
    - Is there anythig besides making it as rigid as possible that I have to take in account for milling aluminum?
    - What king of spindle should I use?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English!

(I don't really know if this is the correct palce to post this message, please, let me know)