Linear Bearing Lubrication

Thread: Linear Bearing Lubrication

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Linear Bearing Lubrication

Hi guys, first post on cnczone.

I'm just curious as to know what type of lubrication others use for their linear bearings. I've read that grease is best suited to low speed applications whereas oil is for high speed so I'm leaning towards using grease - just not sure what type! I've also attached a pic of the linear bearings I'm using, just want to confirm that the small hole on the side is in fact a lubrication port?

Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Linear Bearing Lubrication-img_4108-1-jpg  

Default Re: Linear Bearing Lubrication

Most of the stuff I've read said to use lithium grease. I believe that the hole on the side of that truck is to adjust bearing tightness using an allen wrench. Look and see if an allen screw is inside. Mine are that way.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Linear Bearing Lubrication

I'm not a big fan of white lithium grease. It may work ok in this case. I can't say for sure since I don't have linear rails at this time, but in other uses it hardens and turns to soap after a short time. I would use a good teflon or silicone based grease if it were me.