How good are RM1605 ballscrews ?

Thread: How good are RM1605 ballscrews ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How good are RM1605 ballscrews ?

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to build my own CNC, so I'm looking for all the components I'll need. My budget is about 2500 € ($) for a work surface of 300 x 300 mm. My goal is to be able to mill PCBs, wood and aluminium.

For profiled rails, the most common model I see is the Hiwin HG series, available on cnc4you, automation4less, ebay and many others. It seems to be a good value for money.

For the ballscrews, I can't find any information (manufacturer, datasheet ? ). Let's see that one: https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Ballscrew/...RM1605-C7-16mm

Where does that model come from ? When I type the reference on google, I can find it in many other suppliers, but never with any additional information. So I have no idea of what it's worth. Should I avoid that kind of product ?

Thanks for your help !

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How good are RM1605 ballscrews ?

I just replaced some acme screws on my CNC router with RM1605 ballscrews from eBay and am very pleased. My old "anti-backlash" acme nuts were giving me a lot of backlash with a lot of friction. I used to be able to only run 30ipm without stalling with the motors. The new ballscrews feel tighter and should be able to easily run 100ipm, maybe more.

I agree that it is hard to find details about the end machining, but most of them appear to have standardized on the same sizes. The link you provided shows the same dimensions as the screws I received. Here is another link http://www.file-vault.us/pdfs/ball_s...umentation.pdf

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the link !

Downloads
    Uploads

This is a well respected brand of rolled ballscrews, nuts and other linear devices http://www.thomsonlinear.com/website...all_screws.php

Rolled screws cheaper with some backlash - ground screws mega pricey but much tighter tolerances.