Need help adding rotary to my Isel CNC

Thread: Need help adding rotary to my Isel CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help adding rotary to my Isel CNC

Hello to everybody.
    i have a CNC made from Isel and Systro components with dc servo motors and a perske spindle.
    The software that works is 3D Cangon. Propably custom made.
    I would like to add a rotary attachment but as i am searching i find only with steper motors etc. And there is no way to connect it.
    Probably i have to change the controller or even the drivers also?
    My problem is that i cannot find any information about my CNC after 12 years i bought it.
    I can upload photos if needed to help anyone has knowledge about this.
    I hope i posted in the right section
    Thank you everyone in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help adding rotary to my Isel CNC

It sounds like you're talking about Kynon Pro software: Techno Linear Motion Systems – linear automation products, xyz gantry tables, ball screw slides, belt drive slides, X/Y tables, linear slides, actuators, rotary tables, stepper and servo controls. That's not going to be a major problem, although you might have to upgrade your copy to a newer version that supports the 4th axis.

You can get a pretty nice 4th axis rotary table from Sherline, and mount a servo motor to it with a little machining of adapter plates.

But the 12 year-old 3-axis controller you've got is probably not going to be able to add an axis easily. Isel can sell you an upgraded controller: Techno Linear Motion | Multi-Axis Servo Motion Controller but they don't say how much that's going to cost. If it's too much, you can put together your own system, as long as it's compatible with the servos you've got.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    It sounds like you're talking about Kynon Pro software: Techno Linear Motion Systems – linear automation products, xyz gantry tables, ball screw slides, belt drive slides, X/Y tables, linear slides, actuators, rotary tables, stepper and servo controls. That's not going to be a major problem, although you might have to upgrade your copy to a newer version that supports the 4th axis.

You can get a pretty nice 4th axis rotary table from Sherline, and mount a servo motor to it with a little machining of adapter plates.

But the 12 year-old 3-axis controller you've got is probably not going to be able to add an axis easily. Isel can sell you an upgraded controller: Techno Linear Motion | Multi-Axis Servo Motion Controller but they don't say how much that's going to cost. If it's too much, you can put together your own system, as long as it's compatible with the servos you've got.
    Thank you for quick replying.
    The problem is that my CNC is custom made from one company with Isel components. I dont have Kynon Pro but 3D Cangon.
    I can buy a rotary axis but the problem is the Controller.
    The Isel 4 axis controller probably costs over $3000 and its too much i think.
    Is it better to replace my controller with one of so many supporting Mach3 and the motor drivers with something like Leadshine DC Servo drivers?
    I think the cost will be much lower and its more versatile?

Hi dear,Here is one article,hope it could help you.

http://www.smartcnclaser.com/repair/show-131-154-1.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Sure, you should be able to build a 4-axis controller for less than $3000, if you're handy with a soldering iron and crimpers. If you've got brushed servos, you can run them with Mach3 and the Geckodrive G320 drives, which go for about $150 each. Add an enclosure, a breakout board, some heatsinks, a fan, a power supply, and some miscellaneous electrical parts and you're off to the races.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Sure, you should be able to build a 4-axis controller for less than $3000, if you're handy with a soldering iron and crimpers. If you've got brushed servos, you can run them with Mach3 and the Geckodrive G320 drives, which go for about $150 each. Add an enclosure, a breakout board, some heatsinks, a fan, a power supply, and some miscellaneous electrical parts and you're off to the races.
    Yes my motors are Dc Servo brushed working at 75VDC. They are DH052-120e. But what about servo motion controller. Which can I use to control the Geckodrives using mach3? Or even better the new Mach4 for feautureproof?

Last edited by jimmmi; 06-01-2016 at 03:52 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

You don't really need anything else, besides a PC. Mach3 sends out step and direction signals; the drives translate them into motion. You don't get quite as much control as a true servo system which closes the loop in software, but it will work.

Downloads
    Uploads

What are the disadvantages of step/dir against true servo?

Downloads
    Uploads

What are the disadvantages of step/dir against true servo?
    For movements with a resolution coarser than 1 micrometre, there are none.
    For better resolution - you mainly need better leadscrews.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

I mean problems controlling the machine, override settings when machining like feedrate pause stop or anything possible. I am working mainly with wood so 1 micrometer is far enough resolution.

Downloads
    Uploads

I cannot imagine any problems.

Cheers
    Roger