Build Thread GT2 belts and pulleys - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GT2 belts and pulleys

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GT2 belts and pulleys

Quote Originally Posted by jahnj0584 View Post
    In my use I did have 180* of engagement. The belts are only 6mm wide, and suffer from stretch which is where their weakness lies. Once stretched, its a decent budget option but is not very efficient with the power from the motor.

I am talking about GT3 here. My friend tried the GT2 and instantly wanted me to send him my extra GT3.
    If they stretch a 6 mm wide, then go wider. Real gt2/3 belts are available in many widths, not just 6 mm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jahnj0584 View Post
    In my use I did have 180* of engagement. The belts are only 6mm wide, and suffer from stretch which is where their weakness lies. Once stretched, its a decent budget option but is not very efficient with the power from the motor.

I am talking about GT3 here. My friend tried the GT2 and instantly wanted me to send him my extra GT3.
    There is not difference between the two belts or pulleys, just the name, you can of cause buy different belt composition which can be very different in strength

6mm wide for linear drive, what did you expect, any more than 6" to 8" between centers would be max, that may even be to much for a 6mm wide belt, with any kind of loading, paper printers run belts like this, and they only have very light load may be 2ozs at max

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, its what the OX build and xcarve are based on, so thats all Im saying. Of course 20mm wire stuff would be a lot better!

Luthier/Woodworker/Machinist in NS, Canada.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12