a cnc dummie

Thread: a cnc dummie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default a cnc dummie

I have a new machine that is , or seems to have the c-62 board from cnc4pc up and running. all the light are good and flashing when I run my g code but the servos are just sitting there. the drives (es dh 1208) are showing L O, I assume they are ready but not receiving info. I could use some help here, please.a cnc dummie-win_20170501_08_47_52_pro-jpg
    john

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: a cnc dummie

Hi John,

When Leadshine ES-DH1208(Leadshine Technology Co., Ltd.) shows L O its means get ready.
    So i suggest to check the signal wires broken or not?
    Hope this can help you!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Allen2080,
    I am using the c-34 connecter boards for RJ45 cabling. I did check the wiring I built up but will put a tester on them again.
    I think to it may be a lead that is disabling it(them) but am a bit of a dummy here and not sure where to go forward. thanks for you help, I appreciate everything.
    I had downloaded a file into the ess and it gave me a handful of pins but I have no Idea of the proper set up for sure.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi Allen2080,
    I put my cables on the checker and they are good. I do note that the motors rattle and make noise as I turn on the estop.
    it seems like I am not getting the ENABLE, how do I do that.
    thanks for your time.
    john

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi John,
    According to your descriptions, that would be something wrong with your enable signal, usaully Leadshine keep low level active for enable input.
    Please check the motor shaft locked or not when power on.
    If the motor shaft is free that means the drive is disable situation.
    You need to give enable signal to drive or change enable level in drive parameter.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

allen2080, you are right, the motors are free to hand turn. I note to that the drivers have a red led, not sure but they may need to be green. enable make even more since.. oh, where oh where..
    thanks
    john

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got tired of running in circles with the mach 4. I did not know the program at all and fought my way every day trying to get the cnc working.
    yester day I started over with the computer and a mach 3 that has been running my small machine. I copied the profile then started making changes to fit my new machine.
    for those coming on late... I have a new preditorx of 36x48 inches. I built a heavy table to hold it and added things like a 2100 watt water cooled spindle and micro drop cooling for the aluminum or carbon jobs I will do.
    all this is to be run with leadshine servos of 110v and a c-62 breakout from cnc4pc. I started all this a year ago and it has been a fun retirement project. a bit simpler than running a group of engineers and scientist designing drones.
    but.. this is where things go awry. I not with mach 3 have several of the servos that will rattle and bang for a while before timing out . I have no contact with the drives to move them.
    I did receive a cable and can turn them with the computer so know things should work but have no idea of how to make that last connection.
    I have moved the fault pins and open collector or ttl seem to make no difference.....
    if I run gcode the dir and step light blink like they should and the board has the proper green lights. my relays trip as they should .. the drive led seems a bit dim but maybe that is the speed they are running>

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by leptronjohn View Post
    I got tired of running in circles with the mach 4. I did not know the program at all and fought my way every day trying to get the cnc working.
    yester day I started over with the computer and a mach 3 that has been running my small machine. I copied the profile then started making changes to fit my new machine.
    for those coming on late... I have a new preditorx of 36x48 inches. I built a heavy table to hold it and added things like a 2100 watt water cooled spindle and micro drop cooling for the aluminum or carbon jobs I will do.
    all this is to be run with leadshine servos of 110v and a c-62 breakout from cnc4pc. I started all this a year ago and it has been a fun retirement project. a bit simpler than running a group of engineers and scientist designing drones.
    but.. this is where things go awry. I not with mach 3 have several of the servos that will rattle and bang for a while before timing out . I have no contact with the drives to move them.
    I did receive a cable and can turn them with the computer so know things should work but have no idea of how to make that last connection.
    I have moved the fault pins and open collector or ttl seem to make no difference.....
    if I run gcode the dir and step light blink like they should and the board has the proper green lights. my relays trip as they should .. the drive led seems a bit dim but maybe that is the speed they are running>
    Hi. I just purchased Leadshine drives and I'm new to building my own machine. Just curious what you are using to power all the drives. Can't seem to find an a.c. power supply
    Thanks.
    Jake