Leadshine EL5 servo drive in torque mode

Thread: Leadshine EL5 servo drive in torque mode

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Leadshine EL5 servo drive in torque mode

Has anyone ever gotten an EL5 series AC high voltage servo drive to operate successfully in torque mode? I have been trying everything I can think of to get mine to behave properly in torque mode, in velocity mode it behaves as expected. I am controlling it with a +/- 10V analog input, and I believe I have exonerated my control system at this point (and it works fine with a DMM driver and motor in torque mode using the same controller outputs, as well as when the EL5 is set to velocity control mode), the fundamental problem seems to be this:

Positive control input: torque is produced as expected
    0 control input: torque ceases as expected
    Negative control input: torque first is produced in the wrong rotation direction, then turns around and continues in the right direction.
    (This behavior is present in open loop testing, no servo loop stuff is active. In velocity mode it reverses fine without any issue.)

This behavior only seems to occur when it switches the control input polarity, reversing the leads doesn't change anything, nor do changing any of the parameters in the drive that control reversal behavior (flipping if + = CW or + = CCW, controlling direction via an external input to the drive). This also works as expected:

0 control input: torque ceases as expected

The graph from their Protuner software shows the issue (the graph reads from right to left, yellow is the analog in voltage, after it goes positive the current (red) and feedback (blue) both shoot negative for ~100ms before going positive like they should):

(in case anyone is wondering, this behavior is present at higher control voltage inputs as well)

The last thing I can think of I haven't tried is switching which input pins the AC mains power is coming in on, for single phase the manual says to use R and T, I haven't tried using R and S in case that somehow makes a difference (the only clue leading me here is that the Protuner software only shows motor current reading non-zero from one leg and I was thinking maybe it's only driving two of the three phases or something) but I am concerned trying it might fry something.

I have contacted their support person (Clark) but did not receive information on why this is happening, and purchased it from their recommended US supplier American Motion Tech.

Thanks,
    Andy