Need Help! MX4660 Speed Control for 2.2 KW huanyang vfd - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MX4660 Speed Control for 2.2 KW huanyang vfd

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MX4660 Speed Control for 2.2 KW huanyang vfd

Quote Originally Posted by pmany View Post
    So close. This time when I went out to check the settings, I powered up the VFD, but let the spindle start and run automatically (I don't want it to do this, but progress!!!) it ran to 6000 rpms then I "turned on" the spindle in mach3. I was able to control the speed up to 21,408 according to the vfd, and 21,640 in Mach3.

So this is very promising.

21k is very satisfactory, now I just need to get the startup to be 0 or learn how to change bits at 6k rpm...I dont think my fingers will be around to try more than once...

AH HA!!!, just went back out realizing I know how to fix this. I dropped 73 back down to 0, now on powerup the spindle is stopped, but "ready to run" instead of starting at 6k.

Now my top speed is 20 ,566 on vfd and 21,640 on mach3

I can live with that, but might be able to do some minor tweaking now to get it dialed in a bit more at least to get the VFD and Mach3 to be reporting the same.

Thank you so much for you help. I think I will go through and follow the spindle tuning document that I linked earlier and see how that puts things.

--Paul
    No first you have to set the correct VFD Drive Parameters, or you will damage the Drive, here is what you need to set, if you have the 2.2 Kw spindle

Huanyang Mactec54
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 (Minimum Setting 120)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Accel=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deccl=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage ) (120 for VFD Rated for 120v )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps) (Set for your motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp Max)
    (Set for your motor Amp Rating 1.5Kw Spindle 7 amp Max)

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD002=1 ( For Remote Pot use )

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 for normal use )

PD72=400

PD73=120

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Who sell this kind of circuits, many people need the circuit to control vfd and probe?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dekman View Post
    This is from Joe2014
    Using the MX4660 Controller with a VFD

The 6 outputs of the MX4660 are each an optical isolator in series with a 1,000 ohm resistor and this limits how the outputs can be used. If you want to control a device that uses 12 volts, the 1,000 ohm series resistor limits you to a maximum of 12 ma current, probably not enough to do much more than light up an LED. To use the outputs to control the Forward and Reverse signals of a VFD you will need to add some type of driver device, typically a relay with a driver on the coil side since the 12 ma output is not enough to reliably control even a small relay.

I used a simple relay driver board similar to New 4 Channel 5V Relay Module Board Shield for Pic AVR DSP Arm MCU Arduino H | eBay . These are quite small and inexpensive, under $3.00 for a quad relay board and the 4 relays not only let you control a VFD using 2 of the relay circuits but you will also have an additional 2 circuits to control a mist pump, dust extractor or spindle cooling system. The relay board also provides isolation protection for the MX controller which is important since you don’t want to destroy such an expensive device. You could also go with just a similar 2 relay board if all you want to do is control the VFD.Attachment 307848
    I got the 4 Channel 5V Relay described in this post. Is there a 6 pin plug that will fit the GND, IN1-4, Vcc input pins? Or how did other people connect to this Relay? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dsnellen View Post
    I got the 4 Channel 5V Relay described in this post. Is there a 6 pin plug that will fit the GND, IN1-4, Vcc input pins? Or how did other people connect to this Relay? Thanks.
    Any thoughts by anyone?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have a better copy of the "CNC Router Controller" document here on post #16? I can't read half of whats on there. It looks like what I need to understand and finish my setup!

Thanks in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads

please share the schematic

Downloads
    Uploads

The MX4660 schematic is not released, there is a channel to output analog signal to control VFD. Refer to page19 http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/...4660d_V1.2.pdf
    PIN14 for PWM on DB25, PWM pulse input. Used to get the PWM signal from the controller which will bethen transformed into an analog signal to an external device connected at“0-10V out” pin of the analog output connector (CN8 on Figure 3), such as aVFD for spindle speed control.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dekman View Post
    This is from Joe2014
    Using the MX4660 Controller with a VFD

The 6 outputs of the MX4660 are each an optical isolator in series with a 1,000 ohm resistor and this limits how the outputs can be used. If you want to control a device that uses 12 volts, the 1,000 ohm series resistor limits you to a maximum of 12 ma current, probably not enough to do much more than light up an LED. To use the outputs to control the Forward and Reverse signals of a VFD you will need to add some type of driver device, typically a relay with a driver on the coil side since the 12 ma output is not enough to reliably control even a small relay.
    I know this is an old post, but I had found it recently when researching how to wire up my Leadshine MX4660 with the 2.2kW Huanyang VFD. I had jumpered the FOR signal with DCM to get things running. Once I got the spindle up and running I ran the jumper through the current setting on a voltmeter (actually 2 to double check) and both read 2.3 mA. The documentation I have on the MX4660 lists 70 mA for the outputs. So I hooked the FOR and DCM wires directly to the output (Output 6+ and 6-, respectively in my case). This also worked in initial testing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GregRF View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I had found it recently when researching how to wire up my Leadshine MX4660 with the 2.2kW Huanyang VFD. I had jumpered the FOR signal with DCM to get things running. Once I got the spindle up and running I ran the jumper through the current setting on a voltmeter (actually 2 to double check) and both read 2.3 mA. The documentation I have on the MX4660 lists 70 mA for the outputs. So I hooked the FOR and DCM wires directly to the output (Output 6+ and 6-, respectively in my case). This also worked in initial testing.
    Yes, any of the outputs should work for the On/Off of the VFD Drive, or if they have a relay board the Rely can be turned On/Off as well, using a Relay can make it a safer system for the operator

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12