Z axis goes to rapid height after each pass

Thread: Z axis goes to rapid height after each pass

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z axis goes to rapid height after each pass

Ok, I have been using Lazy Cam for about a year and have become pretty comfortable with it.

I'm having an issue where the z axis goes to the rapid height after making a pass in a multi pass program. This sometimes takes as much time to do than the cut. How do I turn this off?

It would be ideal for the program to "spiral" down when making a round hole.

As of now, I need to manually edit out each line in g-code to get it to do what I want.

Does that make sense?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sonicmook56,
    Had any luck with killing the rapid height move each pass? I have the same challenge but have not figured out how to eliminate it either. foamcutter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G-code fix

You might have to look at the g-code to fix the problem.
    Your looking for a change from absolute to incremental
    G90 to G91
    If you can't find the fix in the program this might be the second best.
    Just use note pad and use find and replace to make fast changes.

That is what I do not matter what program I use, I check the code and when I run it and have problems I run edit or note pad and find the problems and what needs to change then use find and replace to fix all quickly.

Good Luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the problem lies in the tool path generation; you can go to the cam software,make corrections of tool not lifting after every pass, instead go continously on the required selected surface. that's it; ask the programmer to do it;

Downloads
    Uploads

When you create the toolpath in LazyCAM, select the Layer, the Tool, and the Cut. The top box in Cut (Rapid Height) is where you control the distance the tool will retract above the stock between passes. I usually set mine to 0.1" to keep things moving without wasting a lot of time moving up to 1.0" the Cut Start depth (middle box) should be set to 0.0" and the Cut depth (the bottom box) should be set to your desired cutting depth.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

try creating your own gcode post. open up the default post processor with notepad. change some of the variables. save with a different name. now go to lazy cam and choose your new post and create the gcode. i did this for plasma and flame cutting.