Need Help! Z plunge clearance ? depths

Thread: Z plunge clearance ? depths

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z plunge clearance ? depths

I have been cutting wooden & plastic signs on my old cnc @ fairs (with an old program called Wincnc ) I was using an old program called Omega to design DXF file ( I Have File s I Like in that old program and I know that old program) Now I have built a new machine & upgraded to mach3, I am able to open dxf in lazycam convert to a G code and cut my products on Mach3 (getting it together) machine coordinates ,, soft limits all set up

But can not figure how to set maybe it is called Z relief OR Plunge clearance Or the depths
    On my old program WINCNC I set cut depth @ -.2 into material, Then I set Z lift @ .2 above material.
    with mach3 cut time is doubling or something because the Z lifts 1.0 inches above material then cuts a line (or A chain) then raises again then UP & DOWN increasing time I contacted mach3 they said : the Z moves should be a part of the CAD program that you are creating the DXF file with. you will have to set it in that software to generate the Gcode file
    There has got to be A way to set depths in Lazyam OR Mach3
    II I could set depth to -.15 into Material then the Plunge Clearance to .15 on all my cuts I would have the world together HA