Need Help! New to CNC need some help

Thread: New to CNC need some help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to CNC need some help

ok, here's what i got totally new to CNC world.
    i having issue using lazycam to put out the right G code for mach 3.
    my table is set
    Max Min
    X 399 0
    Y 568 0
    Z 0 -73
    so when it home it will be left hand bottom corner and the spindle at the highest point of the Z axis

here's the what i did please let me know what i did wrong.

i use autocad to draw up a cut in MM
    i loaded it up with lazycam
    first thing i did were reset origin and optimise.
    then i group all the holes togather so 2 groups. one group is the holes and one group is the rectangle. the holes are with in the rectangle.
    i click layer to set my tool. the tool i have is 6.35mm dia. once i selected the tool i send to all layers.
    for the cut rapid height i set it at 6.35 cut start 0 cut depth 6.35 then i send to all layers.
    here's my first question, i want to set the holes are cut inside of the line and the rectangle is cut outside of the line. how do i set that?
    second, i set the mach 3 to run with soft limits. i must did not do something right because when i start the cycle, it show me softlimit warning. if i do continue, the spindle was way up on the z axis instead of down where the material is.
    i can see in the G code, z 1.000, how/where do i set up so the lazycam can code it correctly or do i have to debug the code everytime, that just dont seem right.

i attached the dxf and the g code.
    sorry kinda long read, looking forward to my first cut.
    any help will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to CNC need some help

oops forgot to click upload

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to CNC need some help

Clownnut,
    Do your offsets in A cad and outer also, OR ? go to D2nc and D/L the Demo and use all the tools available to do your work. Offsets inner outer holes and Rectangle, and create your tool dia and create in MM , also manage the cut. I did your .dxf . but cannot post the results back on the Zone, my PC security on this wifi laptop is stopping me from that, * It works fine............