Laser engraving or Sandblasting glass and crystal which does the best job??

Thread: Laser engraving or Sandblasting glass and crystal which does the best job??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser engraving or Sandblasting glass and crystal which does the best job??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser engraving or Sandblasting glass and crystal which does the best job??

Yes, it will cut a lot deeper. Sandblasting (actually done with silicon carbide grit, not sand) is also a lot quicker if you're trying to cover large areas. You can probably use the laser to cut your stencils, and then let the blaster do the grunt-work.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser engraving or Sandblasting glass and crystal which does the best job??

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Yes, it will cut a lot deeper. Sandblasting (actually done with silicon carbide grit, not sand) is also a lot quicker if you're trying to cover large areas. You can probably use the laser to cut your stencils, and then let the blaster do the grunt-work.
    I have a vinyl cutter I could use for some stencils if not to detailed. I see they can use a mask on material like Rayzist does and print with inkjet and then expose
    to UV light in their expose unit. I like the idea you can carve deeper if you want for a effect.
    I guess some of the large lazer machines can carve deep into wood but they cost alot Im sure but I don't think in glass even the big machines.