Need Help! Pulling my hair out!!! Lasercut 5.3

Thread: Pulling my hair out!!! Lasercut 5.3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pulling my hair out!!! Lasercut 5.3

Hi guys,

I've recently found this forum and kudos to you all

I'm trying to help a friend out with his laser cutter. Its a senfeng which is 120 x 90cm bed.

Hes had it for a couple of years now and seems quite competent in using it.

This is when I come in. I'm more computer savvy being a graphic designer, Im in front of a computer all day for my sins. Anyway hes recently got a new pc and wantslasercut 5.3 put onto his new machine. Ifound it from a site blog.justaddsharks.co.uk/installing-lasercut-5-3/
    Not sure if its legit or not or I should be getting a more solid download? :s

I downloaded it, installed it, attached the dongle and cableto the pc and it all seems like the laser cutter and pc are communicating witheach other correctly. I installed thedrivers and followed the protocol that you get online.
    The issues he is facing which are different to what he wasdealing with before are:
    1, his laser cutter will only move half way now up the bed onits axis, liturally stops and wont go any further?

2, The laser seams a lot weaker than what it was previouslylike it wont cut through etc on the same speed and strength?
    3, I believe he alsosaid that the laser is cutting from a different angle like its landscapesuppose to portrait if that makes sense.
    Apologies if this all sounds a bit wishy washy and ivemissed some info out that’s crucuial for you pros to diagnose.

Any help, advice or literally anything would be immenselyand humbly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance
    Gareth