Need Help! Lasercut 5.3 adding cut lines

Thread: Lasercut 5.3 adding cut lines

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lasercut 5.3 adding cut lines

Hi all! I'm really hoping you can help me. I'm new to laser cutting and having some issues with Laser5.3.

I use Inkscape to create a vector, export to DXF, however when I import it into Lasercut5.3 it creates an additional cut line.

I am trying to create an outline of a heart with an arrow through it (coming out either side), but it creates a extra cut line through one of the arrow ends!

How do I stop this from happening? The original file seems fine... I couldn't see a way to delete the cut line in the Laser5.3 programme, unless I am being very silly.

Any advice would be very, very much appreciated!
    Sarah

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lasercut 5.3 adding cut lines

Quote Originally Posted by Sazcutter View Post
    Hi all! I'm really hoping you can help me. I'm new to laser cutting and having some issues with Laser5.3.

I use Inkscape to create a vector, export to DXF, however when I import it into Lasercut5.3 it creates an additional cut line.

I am trying to create an outline of a heart with an arrow through it (coming out either side), but it creates a extra cut line through one of the arrow ends!

How do I stop this from happening? The original file seems fine... I couldn't see a way to delete the cut line in the Laser5.3 programme, unless I am being very silly.

Any advice would be very, very much appreciated!
    Sarah
    First go to ouline view in inkscape and see if your design still has these lines

If there are lines, then you have to play in boolean operation to get the exact shape you need