Just bought a LASER cutter....Not received yet, but so many questions !!!

Thread: Just bought a LASER cutter....Not received yet, but so many questions !!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just bought a LASER cutter....Not received yet, but so many questions !!!

Hi Everyone,

Just placed the order for a Redsail M700 w/80W tube. I haven't received it yet, but I've got so many questions. I sure hope that some of you may help me !

Before I get started, I need to let you know that I have a CNC, a 3D printer and a lathe. I work in automation, so I should be able to understand your lingo, within reason....

For those who have ordered from Redsail, when you receive your cutter, what software do you get ? I read places where they mention Lasermate and some other Lasercut....Are we talking about the same product here ? Is this a software proprietary to Redsail or an independent product ? do you get a legit copy or a bootleg one ?

I saw that some of you were talking about a dongle....Will I get one or am I going to run in demo mode, with tons of restrictions ?

Anywhere I can download a demo version, to get familiar until I get my machine ?

Can I use that laser cutter with Coreldraw, and see it as a regular printer as my output ?

with an 80 Watt tube, what thickness can I expect to be able to cut, for material such as: MDF, ABS, Acrylic, Sintra, plywood, etc ... are there any material that I should avoid (toxicity of burnt material, poor result, etc ...) ?? Since it's Chinese made, I'm expecting that this 80 Watt might end-up more like a 60 Watt...Is that the case ?

How often will I need to replace the tube ? What about other consumable, such as mirrors, lens, etc ....

Redsail owners: any concerns that I should pay extra attention to ?

Waiting for that machine, I feel like a kid, waiting for Christmas !!! I will be counting the days !

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just bought a LASER cutter....Not received yet, but so many questions !!!

I know this is an old thread, but I am I same kind of situation and are looking for answer, so I was quite dissapointed that nobody have answered his question

Is it always like that in here?

Are there any better places to go for Redsail users?

Thanks

Default Re: Just bought a LASER cutter....Not received yet, but so many questions !!!

Hi,there,

This is Jenny from Jinan Toyea machinery equipment CO.,Ltd.

It is very old thread.

Hoping my answers can be useful.

1.You can use the coreldraw,but need to input the file by coreldraw to the Lasercut system.( such as,Lettro ,Ruida),then output the machine.

2.For the 80W laser tube(Normally we called it 80W,in fact ,it is 90W ,that is mean its REAL power is 80W) . It can cut up to 10mm acrylic( If you want to cut 15mm,20mm,it also can cut through,but the cutting effect is not good,and the speed is slow) .If you will cut MDF,we advise you to put a wet paper on the MDF,the cutting effect will be better.

3.Regarding our experiences,the laser tube can be replaced after about 2-3 years. The consumable parts is laser tube and laser lenses.Normally,they are no need to be changed in 1 year.

Any question,welcome to ask me. jenny@toyeacnc.com or toyeacnc@hotmail.com . Quality laser cutting machine & wood cnc router Manufacturer .