Lasercut 5.3 and current verions of Corel Draw

Thread: Lasercut 5.3 and current verions of Corel Draw

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lasercut 5.3 and current verions of Corel Draw

Does Lasercut 5.3 work with the current version of Corel, or does it only work with the much older versions?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default lasercut 5.3

were running corel x4 with ours. not sure if it works with latest version of corel or not.

TK McKnight
    800 Series 60W from [url]www.legacylasers.com[/url]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like x4 is the last version supported.

Company Representative Melody-gweike's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, all,

Since March this year,LASERCUT software has improved. Now all corel versions (including X5, 12 and other) can be directly used by " print & output".

But the software environment should be win7 32bt or XP. Win7 64bt can not work at present.

Melody
    li@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice, thank you for the info! Lasercut 5.3 supports all version of Corel? I think the installation still says x3 older only.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you do if you have a 64bit computer?

Is there a work-around for Lasercut 5.3?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't tried this, but you can try installing Virtualbox (it's free) and installing a 32bit versions of Windows to run Corel and the Lasercut drivers. I am not sure if the softdog will work in a virtualized environment or not, but if it does, then this could be a reasonable work around.

Virtualbox is a Sun product that allows you to run virtual PCs on top of your existing PC's operating system.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thank you. I shall give it a go.

Hurricane21

First understand that Laser Cut is a laser control interface and is not a printer driver. It includes its own drawing program set up to represent the worktable of the laser. It can also import a variety of vector and bitmap files.

You can use LaserCut 5.3 on A Windows 7 64 bit machine with their new driver. If you have Windows 7 32 bit driver - install their old XP driver to make it work correctly.

Some versions of CorelDraw have an interface to control LaserCut from within CorelDraw. This is still using LaserCut in a limited capacity. All of their systems do NOT work directly with CorelDraw X5 and none with X6 however, you an export from CorelDraw X5 or X5 with several different formats.

You can import .dxf, .ai and .plt files and .bmp files for photos directly into LaserCut 5.3. You do not need to have the Corel Draw Interface. As a matter of fact, it work much better if you do not have it in my opinion. You limit your flexibility.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well... Melody is right.
    A-Laserguy... go to our forum and download it.
    Lasercut is working on their own version of a print driver. Right now as Melody said its only working on windows 32 bit. 64 bit version is not ready yet. We have used it on corel X5 and X6. In corel, click print and it will bring up the laser output. Everynow and then it freezes up but its working.
    Also seems to detect the line thickness and will engrave the thickness of the line set in corel.

Dean Novakowski
    www.legacylasers.com

Hurricane21

Lasercut works with all versions of Corel if you have the print driver. If you have a 64 bit computer, you need to download the USB Driver for 64 bit Windows. It is available on our site if you do not have access to it from your laser company. All versions of LaserCut 5.3 from August 2012 until present have a printer driver called laser on the install. When you install the software, it will install a printer called laser. You need LaserCut open in the background. Do your drawing in Corel (even x6) and then click print >>laser. It opens the lasercut screen for setting power / speed / etc and then download to the laser using download button. When it has downloaded the .mol file, go back to corel draw. I suggest saving the corel file before sending to print.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have tried it, but i can not get it top work with Coral draw x6...

Creative Use of Technology

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lasercut 5.3 and current verions of Corel Draw

I just bought a new lasercut machine from China 100W 900x1300 workspace.
    Now.. they delivered the machine with the newest update on Lasercut 6.1 that is unable to connect with CorelDRAW and still looks like space invaders generation.
    The problem is that Lasercur 6.1 is connected with the computer inside the lasercutter so I can't get on older version to connect it to CorelDRAW or I have to order a new computer from China that I have to reinstall in the lasercutter what will cost a lot of time and money.

Anyone who has an idea on how to do something about this problem?

Regards,

Jasser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, where can I download the plugins

Thanx

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane21 View Post
    Lasercut works with all versions of Corel if you have the print driver. If you have a 64 bit computer, you need to download the USB Driver for 64 bit Windows. It is available on our site if you do not have access to it from your laser company. All versions of LaserCut 5.3 from August 2012 until present have a printer driver called laser on the install.
    Hi there, Newbie here.

I have a redsail laser cutter and i really like it but of course like everyone else the painful software and usb dongle....

anyway, i have windows 7 pro (running in 64 bit mode) and Corel x5.

The installer from lasercut 5.3 and easycut 5.3 (appear to be the same thing) both fail to install with Corel as x5 is too new.

You say all of the above but I have issues.

1. I do not know where your site is to get the USB driver you speak of.
    2. I cannot find a dll called laser. (the best i can do is printdriver.dll).
    3. When I manually copy the macros into globalMacros in Corel x5 and try to run the laser macro I get an error "Compile Error: User-defined type not defined" and the Declaration line "Dim pLaserDriver As LaserPrint" is highlighted!

So....

I am really patient but this is getting out of hand.

Can you please advise me almost step by step what you did so that you got the driver and macros in the right place and running?

Pretty please.

Cheers.

Graham.