What material should I use to build a 450nm optical protective box?

Thread: What material should I use to build a 450nm optical protective box?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question What material should I use to build a 450nm optical protective box?

Hello there!

Im building a laser graving machine from a former 3D printer, and have decided to buy this head to start my quest.
    The problem Im having now is that the machine will be in a rather busy place, where lots of people walk by all the time. So, a simple pair of protective gogles wont do the trick, as I wont be the only one needing protection.
    Is there a kind of acrylic protective glass I can build a box from? I cant find it in any DIY forums. Is it really necessary to have such protection when using a 500mW laser?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Best regards,
    Afonso Urbano

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What material should I use to build a 450nm optical protective box?

Not cheap... But yes... There are a few materials for that.

Here is a good start : https://www.lasersafetyindustries.co...ers_s/1356.htm

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What material should I use to build a 450nm optical protective box?

Quote Originally Posted by afonsurbano View Post
    Hello there!

Im building a laser graving machine from a former 3D printer, and have decided to buy this head to start my quest.
    The problem Im having now is that the machine will be in a rather busy place, where lots of people walk by all the time. So, a simple pair of protective gogles wont do the trick, as I wont be the only one needing protection.
    Is there a kind of acrylic protective glass I can build a box from? I cant find it in any DIY forums. Is it really necessary to have such protection when using a 500mW laser?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Best regards,
    Afonso Urbano

Try this: https://jtechphotonics.com/?product=...aser-shielding
    You may also be able to find larger sheets.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What material should I use to build a 450nm optical protective box?-445nm-laser-shielding-measurement-500x500-jpg