rofin yag laser mirror damage

Thread: rofin yag laser mirror damage

Downloads
    Uploads

Default rofin yag laser mirror damage

hi everyone,

i'm looking at buying a second hand rofin yag laser that has a mark on the mirror from reflection damage. we have seen the laser run and there are no obvious spots in the marking area that are of lesser quality than the rest. we have been told that the mirror itself can not be replaced and that a whole new/refurbished head would be needed if it failed completely. so my question is will the damage on the mirror get worse just from general use?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Did you buy the rofin laser , is it a powerline rsy90?
    where are you located ?
    regards peter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It depends on the extent of the damage, but in most cases if you can see the flaw, then it will prematurely fail. I've never seen a laser head that didn't allow for mirror replacement--are you sure it can't be replaced?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,

Peter, yes i did end up buying the laser, it is a powerline RSM 130Q and we are based at Tiaro in Qld.
    Wabbit, We have spoken to a number of people about it now and everyone says that with the rofins the whole head is replaced, be that with a new or refurbished one. if you have any information to the contrary i would be very interested to hear it.

the service agent that installed it said he knows of another one that has had a mark worse than this one for three years and it hasn't affected the performance. Now obviously a statement like that from the guy selling it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.... but he's been pretty good so far. this is possibly a silly question but it was stated that the damage is from reflection off of a job, would it be possible that the reflection has hit the mirror on a section that does not get used?