Recommended Laser tube

Thread: Recommended Laser tube

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Recommended Laser tube

I’m looking to buy a 150 W CO2 laser tube. After a lot of research I’ve determined they were are these companies that actually make the tube as I understand it

RECI
    PURI
    SPT
    EFR

Based on personal experience can anyone recommend what company builds the best tube.

Thanks for any inputs,
    Chuck

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chuck767 View Post
    I’m looking to buy a 150 W CO2 laser tube. After a lot of research I’ve determined they were are these companies that actually make the tube as I understand it

RECI
    PURI
    SPT
    EFR

Based on personal experience can anyone recommend what company builds the best tube.

Thanks for any inputs,
    Chuck
    I’m leaning towards buying a RECI 150 W tube. Does anyone have any experience with the RECI or with any of the other

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Recommended Laser tube

I've been researching my purchase too. I'm leaning towards SPT and my upper power limit is 60W. I'll probably settle for 50W given the price difference and physical size. Mine is a hobby laser and I want decent quality photo etching, so anything >60W doesn't have the fine control I need. At least I believe that's the rationale for the power limit.

Sorry I'm not much help, figured I'd respond to thread seeing no one has any specific recommendations. Let us know how you go if/when you do make a purchase

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, how did you settle on SPT?

You may want to email Andy at UnionTech

andy@union-cnc.com

They sell laser machine/hardware. He has been helpful and prices are good.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't researched it as thoroughly as I need to in order to make a firm decision yet. I got a good impression of SPT from their website. Been doing some research but I'm still designing my machine and don't want to order until I have a test bed so I can make sure it works when it arrives in the mail. If I do settle on SPT, their shop on Aliexpress has bundled tube and power supply. Makes matching the 2 a bit easier as I did find the power supply and tube requirements to be a bit confusing. Trigger volts v working volts for one. I frequently see power supplies that don't reach the trigger volts for different tubes and don't know how that would effect the outcome.

Downloads
    Uploads

RECI has always had a good reputation for both tubes and power supplies. So much so that there are counterfeits out there now, therefore, watch out for too good to be true bargains on RECI tubes. At one point, RECI had an authenticity program where you could check the printed code on the tube by inputting it on their website. EFR is very good too but it doesn't have as much name recognition. Puri seems like it is upping its game although you don't hear as much about them. SPT has earned a reputation as maker of bargain basement tubes. They are making attempts at changing that by bringing out some more powerful tubes with high-end features. I have been happy with my EFR and when I have to replace it (hopefully not for a long time, knock on wood!) bet I will probably buy another EFR or a RECI. RECI is probably the safest choice just like IBM was" way back when" ("nobody ever got fired for buying IBM").

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)