What laser controller to use?

Thread: What laser controller to use?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What laser controller to use?

I'm starting to plan my laser cutting machine and I would like some recommendation on what laser controller should I use.

I'm looking for a reliable and accurate controller.

Are any of theses controller good?

RuiDa RDC6442G
    MPC6525A
    LightObject T9 DSP controller

I will be doing so small cuts but most engraving

Thanks for the help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What laser controller to use?

Ruida RDC6442G has a lot of support, and RD Works forums and Facebook groups for the software- and does not need a dongle. It is a good controller.
    I have no experience with the others, but believe the Light Object one is also good.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in the same situation. I'm looking for a laser controller that will handle 3 axis and control power level of the laser using Mach3. Did you have any luck finding a good controller?

Downloads
    Uploads

I was running mach3 to smoothstepper and then to G540. this setup can go between a laser or a router.
    I recently switched over to AWC708C and finding it to work really well. I haven't tested the support capabilities of Light Object but I think you have to know a decent amount before you take this on. I wouldn't buy something off ebay if you don't know much or don't want the hassle of searching for software.

you really can't use Mach3 with these controllers and I haven't seen a reason why you would need to.
    One thing I discovered last night, and posted to the lightobject forum, is that you need a very high resolution stepper driver. they call them digital drives and have a very high pulse count.
    I mention this because I don't recall reading that anywhere, but your shapes will come out distorted if you don't use them. The resolution required is way above a 3D printer.

its been a bit of work to tune everything but I haven't found a downside compared to the Mach3 route.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is the AWC708c Lite that is coming with my laser cutter (in 2 months ). The laser comes standard with servo motors, so I know this controller is good for that. You can also buy the motors and drivers at their store.

https://store.sinjoe.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_60_63&product_id=96

Edit: The reason I went with sinjoe is the recommendation of Dave Sheldrake on another forum, who is an expert and has used them all. He said that controller is the best.

Last edited by Greg_R; 01-05-2018 at 09:05 AM.