Hi all, OK a real novice here and also someone that has not used his machine for many years as it has been stored after moving premises.
What I have is one of the cheap Chinese 40W C02 lasers, X, Y and Z Axis that had a Leetro MPC6515 originally installed, I think purchased back about 2007. After recently digging it out and setting back up I discovered that I had lost the SoftDog and seeing as I was not impressed with the way it used to work, via the SofDog and I would need to purchase a new one anyway, I decided to purchase the MPC-6585 to replace the old controller. I thought this would be the easier process, but it would seem was wrong.

Now I have been able to remove the old controller and replace it with the MPC-6585 and identifying the connections was relatively easy, but I now come to the Config file using LaserCut 6.1. Unfortunately I also don't have the old PC with the old 6515 config as I may have been able to get some of the information from that, so essentially I am starting from scratch.
I will outline my machine details and problem below.

Machine is 40W C02, 600 x 400, 3 axis. DMD402A Drivers, now has MPC-6585 Controller that boots up on the PAD04A screen as V5.0.7

This is what I did to replace the old controller.
Taking note of all the connection labels I removed the connections from the 6515 and placed them onto the same connection labels on the 6585.

Now when powered on,
1. I can only get each axis to move in one direction, originally the direction was incorrect but found that changing the "FeedDir" in the AdvancedCFG fixed that, but I still only get it work work one way.
2. I am unable work out the Pulse Unit Calculation and hope someone can also help with that.

X Axis, one revolution of the stepper sees the X axis travel 58.2MM
Y Axis, one revolution of the stepper sees the Y axis travel 58.2mm
Z Axis, one revolution of the stepper sees the Z axis travel 0.75mm

I have not touched the DMD402A driver switches but left them as they are, the 3 drivers are all set as 1.75A and the rest of details are.
X and Y Axis 12800 Pulse/Rev
Z Axis 1600 Pulse/Rev

When the machine was running with the old controller, it worked well, except for the version of LaserCut and the PC requirements, hence another reason for my upgrade.

I have not even bothered about the laser operation at this time and don't even want to look at that until I get the Axis movement correct.

Hoping someone can help.

Regards
Ian