Chinese laser Fault, advice please

Thread: Chinese laser Fault, advice please

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese laser Fault, advice please

Hi all.
    I'm having issues with my 50W Chinese laser which I bought a few months ago.
    After a few hours of use the laser stopped firing half way through job.
    The suppliers got me to check few things and the diagnosed the fault as being the power supply unit, which they replaced and this rectified the fault.
    Now after only an additional few hours of use I have the same problem.
    They say they will replace the part again but I will be responsible for the £60 shipping costs.

I'm concerned that the new replacement will only last a few hours again which will make this an expensive option.

Can anyone tell me if there is a part in the power unit which fails and is it something I can replace myself with more robust part?

Is it failing because it is working at more than its capacity? Is it possible to use the power supply from a more powerful machine so it is under less stress, or does it not work like that?

I knew I would need to modify this machine, maybe not quite this soon. I'd be grateful if someone who knows these machines could point me in the right direction of a permanent fix, or a reliable upgrade.

Thanks in advance.
    Gary