Problems with chinese (blue) laser cutter - transformer gone?

Thread: Problems with chinese (blue) laser cutter - transformer gone?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Problems with chinese (blue) laser cutter - transformer gone?

Hi all

Had an ongoing series of issues with a Chinese laser cutter i purchased. First tube then powersupply and now we have failure three.

This one i need help to diagnose (the 3 warranty offered by the ebay seller is just smoke and mirrors- avoid amazingitem on ebay like the plague).

Basically when turned on i get no startup sequence, the internal lights work, the up-down motorized bed works, the laser powersupply powers up, but the control panel does not.

Looking internally i get no lights on anything except the laser power supply. Normally there would be a single light on the stepdown transformer (see images) and also two red lights on what i assume is the stepper controller (white box many inputs and outputs) and also the motor control boxes (black).

So my bet is the transformer is gone, but would love to know how to test this/confirm this.

This is the machine i have

HIGH PROMOTION 50W CO2 LASER ENGRAVING CUTTING MACHINE ENGRAVER CUTTER 300X500MM | eBay

and the crappy seller who abandons his customers.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated, seems i am destined to become a laser cutter engineer, so might as well learn this.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problems with chinese (blue) laser cutter - transformer gone?-img_20170207_213810-jpg   Problems with chinese (blue) laser cutter - transformer gone?-img_20170207_213834-jpg   Problems with chinese (blue) laser cutter - transformer gone?-img_20170207_213824-jpg   Problems with chinese (blue) laser cutter - transformer gone?-img_20170207_213817-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problems with chinese (blue) laser cutter - transformer gone?

check your estop, they like to run all of the machine power through the estop. Mine fried. Also check where the computer electrical supply connector plugs in there is sometimes a spot for a small fuse, that might be blown.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the suggestions.

Only one fuse as far as i can tell and its working as i get power to the internal lights and also the laser powersupply.

The emergency stop is also working, if i press it the power to the internal light and powersupply cuts. When unpressed they light, but the rest of the electronics do not start up....

keep those suggestions coming

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Does the LCD screen turn on?