Posted in wrong section Advice for Newb

Thread: Posted in wrong section Advice for Newb

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Posted in wrong section Advice for Newb

Hi all.

I am new to lasers and got a question about our new machine. We have had ours for just over a month. We were half way through a small engraving project when the laser stopped firing but the mirror and lens kept moving. I phoned the engineer and went through loads of check over the phone but was unable to find the problem. Long story short it ended up being the power supply which was replaced. Now it works but not as it was in the beginning. In the beginning we were getting good results but now with the same settings it is burning through materials and the finish is not as good . I spoke to a engineer who said it sounds like the potentiometers on the psu so We needed an engineer who did come out. But he was not happy to change the potentiometers as the settings as yet were not known.

Question to the more experienced users.. When we first had it if we wanted to put a box to put text in we layered it with 0% so it did not mark materials but now after the new psu it does make a mark .

So should 0% mean 0% or does everyone elses fire on 0%

He also did a test at different power settings to say that now 75% is full power and drops off after this setting .

Regards Neil

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Posted in wrong section Advice for Newb

0% means 0% sounds like your Engineer was an imposter with little idea and no tools to do the job he was claiming to be proficient in doing, you got a fitter impersonating a qualified engineer and need to go back to your supplier and demand service you are entitled to.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Louis_Cannell View Post
    0% means 0% sounds like your Engineer was an imposter with little idea and no tools to do the job he was claiming to be proficient in doing, you got a fitter impersonating a qualified engineer and need to go back to your supplier and demand service you are entitled to.

I thought as much . Thanks for reply.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are there any engineers on here who know how to set these and willing to give me some advice so when they come I can make sure they are not fobbing me off . Regards Neil

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Posted in wrong section Advice for Newb

Hi all.

Could someone please give me some advise. I have bought a Jd3050 40 watt laser from a local company. We have had numerous problems with the PSUs from one month of ownership. The company have replaced them but now we are on the 4th PSU and with the warranty running out we are getting concerned with the lack of reliability of the machine.
    PSU 1 stopped working within one month
    PSU 2 had the wrong settings which I asked about in my previous posts. which when replaced had melted the wire from psu to tube on positive side
    PSU 3 worked for 5 months the stopped the same as the first one.
    PSU 4 fitted yesterday so we will see

I have emailed the company and they have said that 5 months is a fair time to test the machine but surely this is not a reasonable amount of time for a new machine to keep failing with the same issue.

Has anyone had issues with the 40 watt machines

Thanks Neil