Adding beam combiner to 50W eBay Laser (SH-G350)

Thread: Adding beam combiner to 50W eBay Laser (SH-G350)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Adding beam combiner to 50W eBay Laser (SH-G350)

My laser machine came with standard off axis red laser pointer, which is pretty much useless. I really want to add true beam combiner where both red laser and CO2 laser beams go thru lens.
    I know fslaser sells one that will fit, however it's super overpriced ($300).
    I'm seriously considering this mount (+combiner lens), but I can't find any information about mount dimensions and if it will fit in my machine. Has anyone used this mount? Any other alternatives?
    One more question
    Anyone knows where red laser pointer is connected to in the machine? It doesn't look like it's connected to the controller board, I'm having hard time tracing it..
    Adding beam combiner to 50W eBay Laser (SH-G350)-beamcombiner500-jpg
    Adding beam combiner to 50W eBay Laser (SH-G350)-1009432936_608-jpg

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Adding beam combiner to 50W eBay Laser (SH-G350)

I have the same machine and thought about a beam combiner, until I read that they can effect the power of the laser beam. I just put up with the one fitted to the machine, its accurate enough.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by julianashcroft View Post
    I have the same machine and thought about a beam combiner, until I read that they can effect the power of the laser beam. I just put up with the one fitted to the machine, its accurate enough.
    I've heard that too, but couldn't find any actual numbers. Sure it will reduce power, but by how much? Could be 1% could be 5% who knows... That little pointer fitted with machine just drives me nuts tho. It's never stays put, and what's worse it recently started burning up and I think caused issues with main controller somehow. I just disconnected it for now. Oh I did find where it was connected: 5V rail of the power supply.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update, I successfully added beam combiner. No noticeable power loss!
    Wrote a guide on my blog: LensDigital - How to add beam combiner to SH-G350 laser cutter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adding beam combiner to 50W eBay Laser (SH-G350)-closeup-jpg