RDWORKS V8 Question

Thread: RDWORKS V8 Question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default RDWORKS V8 Question

Just received my laser recently and I'm still learning the RDWORKS V8 software. I have a question about skipping layers, but still use them as a bounding box. Meaning... If I have a 8x10 piece of glass or wood and I know it's dimensions. If I design something in Illustrator with an 8x10 stroke around it, is there a way to use that as my bounds for the item. That way I can butt it up to the corner of the machine at zero and it will engrave or cut only the inner design and ignore the bounding box. Basically I want to use the bounding box corner as zero and engrave only the design inside the box. Would I simply just check "IS OUTPUT" as No?

Sorry if that didn't make sense. I'm just not fully versed in laser talk yet, lol

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RDWORKS V8 Question

Yes, that is correct. Objects that are a color that has its "Is Output" set to "no" will not be cut but will affect the extents of the cut.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RDWORKS V8 Question

Quote Originally Posted by robertk925 View Post
    Yes, that is correct. Objects that are a color that has its "Is Output" set to "no" will not be cut but will affect the extents of the cut.
    Thanks! I actually just figured that out a couple nights ago on a project. This helps quite a bit.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk