Decreasing the laser head transit time between actual cuts

Thread: Decreasing the laser head transit time between actual cuts

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Decreasing the laser head transit time between actual cuts

I searched the archives but was not able to find a previous discussion of this topic. Sorry if I missed it.

I am using RDWorks 8.01.18 (current version). For my example file, I have two layers in my drawing. The first layer cuts four small holes designated to cut at a speed of 5 mm per second located about 1.5 inches away from each other . The second layer then cuts a squarish shape around the whole group of the holes to form a single drop out containing the holes that I cut at 15 mm per second (thick acrylic).

I did do some testing and determined that the transit speed traveling between cuts is based on the speed that the next cut has been designated to use, at least in my current user configuration (which until now was all default settings). In other words, if my next cut will be 5 mm a second, the head will travel to that location at 5 mm a second, if it is designated to cut at 25 mm a second then it will travel at 25 mm a second, etc. How can I increase the speed of the head when it moves from the end point of cutting one circle to the start point for cutting the next circle (and then to the start of the cutting of the square)? Right now, it just moves at 5 mm per second so that adds a lot of slow speed non-cutting time.

I tried changing a number of the speed settings in the User panel on the right of the software screen but when I ran the cut in simulation mode none of the changes had the desired affect.

Thanks!