Rdworks and this duplicated installation

Thread: Rdworks and this duplicated installation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Rdworks and this duplicated installation

Hi everyone, when I installed rdworks, I installed first the "laserwork" mode and then "corel" mode, to have the option to launch RDWorks from my own hand and from coreldraw inside too
    But, when I play with the archives of languaje (see my other post, wrong placed in general) i discover two installation of rdworks...

- C:\RDWorksV8
    - C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite x6\Programs\RDWorksV8
    (I have coreldraw X6 installed, but the paths are similar to every coreldraw)

In this case, when I modified the language archives, for example, I need to modify two installations.

Well, I start to try some ideas... I deleted the C:\RDWorksV8
    And create a shortcut in desktop from C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite x6\Programs\RDWorksV8
    Dont work, the program start but then some errors appear, maybe archive permissions ... I try other thing

There is the solution :
    First install "corel" mode
    Then choose "laserwork" mode, BUT before press INSTALL, press LOCATE PATH, (a explorer windows brings up) find C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite x6\Programs\ and press INSTALL
    NOTE the path finish with PROGRAMS not with RDWorks, if you select path with RDWorks included, you get a duplicated installation inside coreldraw directory ...

Right now ruida release a new version of rdworks (subversion) 8.01.18 (from 8.01.16), and at first view just add the option to control 4 laser tubes...
    No corrected offset laser 2...
    When you install a new version, do the same procedure, and remember put the laser cutter on, start rdworks, (if are connected via lan, add lan), go to file/vendor settings and press READ, to recover all the parameters

Martín.-

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Rdworks and this duplicated installation

I don't use Corel but I am installing a laser for someone who does. Do you consider the plugin to be worth it- I have heard it is just 2 buttons to export directly to RDworks? Thanks Gene

4x4 shopbot with chicom water cooled spindle
    3x4 130watt chinese laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Gene, YES !!! is very useful (at least for me). In other softwares, you need to draw, save as dxf, then open software of laser cutter and import dxf... now, you draw in corel/autocad, then SELECT the objects, and press button of rdworks. Rdworks open automatically with all the object in place ! Is not magic but very useful, again.
    Martín.-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My workflow is design in my signmaking software (FlexiSignPro) and save to a laser area of my LAN and import from there into RDworks- I have a computer sitting on my laser with a USB connection and cut/engrave directly to the machine. Not sure if it is better but it is pretty smooth workflow for me. Gene

4x4 shopbot with chicom water cooled spindle
    3x4 130watt chinese laser

Downloads
    Uploads

The CorelDraw plugin is definitely worth it. If you use the plugin mode where it loads the full version of RD Works, it's fantastic because you can then save and maintain the layer orders and colors for your cut. The smaller compact version of the plugin doesn't give you save capabilities.

Wade