Software for 1.6 mW Laser Engrave Machine Software for filled logos ?

Thread: Software for 1.6 mW Laser Engrave Machine Software for filled logos ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Software for 1.6 mW Laser Engrave Machine Software for filled logos ?

Hello,

I have purchased this machine ( hope is not considered as marketing ) : with a 1.6mW laser : 1W/1.6W DIY mini laser engraving machine,marking machine,Carving Logo Picture 17*20CM
    It has come with a few softwares and grbl as gcode sender to machine .

It has a Nano v3.0 ATMEGA328P chip if it helps.

My goal is to engrave somthing like this :

And final result I want to be this :

All i managed to create was the border of all objects.

I have found a few inkscape extensions but none does what i want to achive.

Can you please help ?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Software for 1.6 mW Laser Engrave Machine Software for filled logos ?-logo_transparent-png   Software for 1.6 mW Laser Engrave Machine Software for filled logos ?-logo-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software for 1.6 mW Laser Engrave Machine Software for filled logos ?

At least an ideea?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software for 1.6 mW Laser Engrave Machine Software for filled logos ?

I don't know anything about this machine, but looking at their webpage it looks like it can only engrave vectors?

Laser Engraving Machine User Guide

The image you want to engrave would be best engraved as a bitmap, due to the black filled areas, which would probably require different laser control software and/or a different controller. There is really a provision in G-code like GRBL to do filled areas

I guess you could cheat by vectoring lots of overlapping lines to make a black filled area, but it would take a bit of trial-and-error. You would need to use multiple vertical or horizontal lines filling in the black sections (similar to CAD cross-hatching).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I actually use ArtCam to do stuff like this. Or use Laser Etch B/W Image Engraving SW License | J Tech Photonics, Inc.
    With ArtCam I added a new tool with a depth of 0.010" and a step over of 0.020".
    Once I get the code I just use notepad to find and replace the Z-0.01 with M3 S255
    And replace the Z0.250 with M5
    And your off to the races.Software for 1.6 mW Laser Engrave Machine Software for filled logos ?-bench-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Correct InkScape will not do filled text. JTech has a extension for Inkscape that will let you make Gcode but what he has only I think anyway works with his controller. But I can use Corel X6 with my old Chinese laser (long gone) by exporting a DXF file with filled text, it gives you that option. I am now searching for a program that will let me do both vectors and filled text, raster engraving all in the same file. I have tried both the software programs JTech is selling neither will do what I want. Getting a 5.5 Watt blue laser kit, should be here Thursday. 7 day shipping direct from China. BTW the two software programs furnished with the kit seem to work fine. Pretty Worth Shop, long name but they are on the ball.

Isn't ArtCAM a $2000 program?

Last edited by wmgeorge; 05-17-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm interested in how you made out.
    Filling in an area with lazer means you need to burn all the space. At 0.003" burn thickness that may take a while.
    The Artcam package I have was $200. Basic express but since Autodesk took it over it ha gotten very expensive.